Fuse keeps blowing - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-22-2002, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Fuse keeps blowing

It's the fuse under the dash which controls half of the instrument cluster (odometer, speedometer, and trip meter), the dome lights, the visor lights and the radio. I have traced the radio wire back deep into the dash till I can't see it anymore and there's no kniks so it's not grounding out there. Has anyone had this problem like it may be a faulty wiring harness deep in the dash or something?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-23-2002, 02:07 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Is that the same fuse for the cigarette lighter and/or the power outlet? I've seen cigarette lighters go bad (the part that pops out) and keep blowing the fuse (causing dash lights to go out) on other cars. Something to check out maybe.

In Loving Memory, My Son, Anthony Michael Starr 08/14/2007 - 01/21/2008

- 95 GT - Aluminum Heads, Cam, TMoss Cobra intake, S-trim, SCT BA2400, 55's, Longtubes, McLeod bell, TKO-600, 3.55's, etc
- 02 GT (Wife's Toy) - Auto, 4.10's, Lowered, Off Road X, Predator Tuner - [email protected]
post #3 of 3 Old 06-23-2002, 09:20 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Re: Fuse keeps blowing out...HELP!

Quote:
Originally posted by blueneonman
It's the fuse under the dash which controls half of the instrument cluster (odometer, speedometer, and trip meter), the dome lights, the visor lights and the radio. I have traced the radio wire back deep into the dash till I can't see it anymore and there's no kniks so it's not grounding out there. Has anyone had this problem like it may be a faulty wiring harness deep in the dash or something?
I had a similar problem. I would have the radio on, and then POOF, the fuse would blow and the whole cluster would be out. I checked all of the wires and everything looked fine.

Anyway, I disconnected the door chime thing, and now everything else works fine. I haven't blown a fuse since. And the best part is, I don't hear that stupid ding-ding-ding noise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Dodge Viper RT/10 - TNT 300 shot, VEC2, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement