How do I shut off door chime ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-10-2002, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
How do I shut off door chime ?

Before I get my glock out someone please tell me how to rip the chime out or cut the wires--it sounds like it is by the steering wheel under the dash--it is on the same circuit as other things so I just can't pull the fuse--somebody please HELP me--do not want to blow up my stang!!--ratman--Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-10-2002, 09:08 AM

Hey Ratman,

Before you go blowing holes in your dash, try looking for what looks like a turnsignal device under the dash. I have never done it on a mustang, but to the best of my recollect it looks like a turnsignal switch, Aluminum colored cylinder with 2 or 3 leads on it. If you unplug it the music stops.. LOL Like I said it may be different on a stang. But it would be worth trying, I will check and see on mine.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-10-2002, 09:47 AM

Re: How do I shut off door chime?? HELP

Quote:
Originally posted by ratman
Before I get my glock out someone please tell me how to rip the chime out or cut the wires--it sounds like it is by the steering wheel under the dash--it is on the same circuit as other things so I just can't pull the fuse--somebody please HELP me--do not want to blow up my stang!!--ratman--Thanks
I just did this "mod" last week. Just unplug the wiring harness that attaches to the white box looking thing near your center console. Get under the dash and look up. This will turn off the door chime and the chime that happens when you put in the key.

If you want just the door chime off, cut the black wire with the purple stripe, that attaches to the wiring harness on the white box. Make sure to tape up the ends of the wire so you don't short anything out.

By the way, this is my favorite "free" mod that I have done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Dodge Viper RT/10 - TNT 300 shot, VEC2, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-10-2002, 12:30 PM

post #5 of 5 Old 06-10-2002, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

THANKS guys you saved a beautiful cobra!!Going to the garage right now. I happened to ck my mileage today 9.2mpg--bet Ralph Nader would love that!! thanks again ratman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement