where to get wiring schematic for gauge cluster ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-07-2002, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
where to get wiring schematic for gauge cluster ?

http://www.florida50.com/ makes this for $580.
this could be made for much cheaper. Florida50 taps into the wiring harness and use's the stock senders, they use an Auto meter sender for the speedo.

anyone have any info or idea's ?

Chris

94 Cobra #2102 with the usual bolt on's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-07-2002, 02:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
where to get wiring schematic for gauge cluster ?
Chilton/Haynes/Helms manual should have the wiring diagrams.

Erik
'94 Cobra #2182
post #3 of 5 Old 06-07-2002, 06:32 PM

Ive done this!!! get a haynes manual its cheap and is a good diagram!! I dont see how florida 5.0 can allow the use of the factory senders. I had autometer gauges and had the factory senders hooked up to them for about a week until I installed the oil and water temp senders included with the gauges and the gauges didnt work at all during that time.

I will try to find some pictures of my setup that I have on the net!! BTW I have all of the idiot lights, turn signals, and bright light indicators working!!! ITS ALOT OF WORK took me about 40 combined hours!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-07-2002, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
great some pics would be awsome !
Was just looking at the Auto meter web site for the gauges I wanna use
checked out the wiring diagrams in the Haynes too.

With the stock gauge panel out the system will not charge, how did you get around that ?

if you like you can email those pics to me at
[email protected]

Thanks
Chris

94 Cobra #2102 with the usual bolt on's
post #5 of 5 Old 06-08-2002, 12:26 AM

Well to be totally honest with you I destoyed my factory gauge panel. on the back of the gauge panel the printed circuitry is very large. So I traced out every circuit and connected it up accordingly on my home made panel. If you look on the charging idiot light there is a capacitor inbetween the positive and ground for the light(Im assuming it is some kind of bypass if the system is working correctly as to not allow the idiot light to illuminate). Anyways I cut that out and wired it up the exact same way and havent had a lick of trouble since the install (over a year ago). If I your gauge panel down to radio shack and see if they can match up that little piece.

BTW I found out the hard way that the car wouldnt charge wihtout the gauge panel!! LOL I took the gauges out while i was contructing the new panel but I was still driving the car around. Well on my way home i started having electrical problems but I did make it home. Well after three days of diagnosing the problem including taking out my alternator getting a new one putting it in finding out I still had the problem and going back to get my old one and reinstalling it did I figure out that the gauges had something to do with the problem!!!

You live you learn!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement