Join Date: May 2000
Location: Columbus, Ohio USA
I just fixed this exact problem. My main negative cable runs down to the timing cover, but I changed my motor mount to frame setup to this...
I ran a wire from a different timing cover bolt to an existing hole in the sheetmetal under the radiator (metal welded directly to front subframe). I put a bolt and nut through this hole to connect the wire to. I than ran another wire from the negative battery terminal to this same bolt, effectively chaining together engine, chassis, and battery. I'd been chasing this around since I had the engine out in January. Been perfect for a week.
-DSS low comp. 306/GT-40Y/Cobra U/L
-DIY Single Turbo - Holset WH1E @ 7psi intercooled