Voltage Drop - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2002, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Voltage Drop

I have been experiencing voltage drop for about 3 months. I have checked grounds, my negative battery cable connects to the engine near the oil pressure sending unit, and I have another ground strap from the block to the front subframe near the swaybar connection. Am I missing a ground somewhere? It does it a little with the head lights on (my temp and oil pressure jump maybe a letter), but when the fan kicks on, it's more like a 2-3 letter jump, headlights or no headlights. It's not my fan groundwire that I can tell, it's resistance between the connector and the negative battery terminal is .02 ohms. Any harm in trying to ground the fan directly to the battery terminal? Any ideas?

'95 GT
-DSS low comp. 306/GT-40Y/Cobra U/L
-DIY Single Turbo - Holset WH1E @ 7psi intercooled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-25-2002, 09:11 AM

I don't want to be "Captain Obvious" here, as you probably have already thought of it, but when did you install your under drive pulleys? Since mine have been on, I constantly check the voltage while idling, and rev occasionally to keep the battery charged. Good luck. Just a shot in the dark...

Matt

post #3 of 3 Old 05-25-2002, 09:16 AM

Check your alternator and its connections, you do not use the battery to power your accessories while the engine is running you use the alterntor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement