Ford Mustang Forums banner

2 quick fuel system legality questions...

565 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  JimsYellow88 
#1 ·
1) if a FPR isn't mounted on the rails, doesn't it have to be mounted to the firewall or strut tower??? I'm talking about the Aeromotive remote regulator, the one that comes with their Mustang fuel system kit...

2) is blue pushlock hose legal for use under the hood??? I say yes, legal to use from tank to rails... a buddy says no, it's not legal.

Thanks!!!

#2 ·
1) Mount the regulator wherever itfits the easiest Jeff, just keep it off the firewall. The rule is it can't be mounted on, or within 6" of the firewall. Inner apron works well or make a bracketto hold it where it's convenient.

2)Pushlok hose is NHRA approved so there should be no issue at all running it under the hood. Un approved rubber line is a big no-no though.

#3 ·
Thanks Tim, I appreciate the reply.

I know the FPR had to be mounted to something, but I didn't know the firewall (or 6" within) was illegal.

I thought my buddy was crazy with regards to the pushlock hose (it's Aeroquip, good stuff) so I'm aok there.

Later!!!

#4 ·
I believe the firewall rule is to keep things intact is there is a flexplate/flywheel failure. It's right in the area so if it let go and then fire occured...well your problems would increase by a huge amount if it caught the regulator. I believe even lines need to be encased in steel or protected where they pass under the car by the bellhousing area if you want to get very technical.

One of my friends has his regulator on the backside of the passenger side strut tower and although is slightly within 6" he's never had a tech hassle.

Which brings up my next question, no NHRA rulebook handy? LOL!

#5 ·
TC89LX said:
I believe the firewall rule is to keep things intact is there is a flexplate/flywheel failure. It's right in the area so if it let go and then fire occured...well your problems would increase by a huge amount if it caught the regulator. I believe even lines need to be encased in steel or protected where they pass under the car by the bellhousing area if you want to get very technical.

One of my friends has his regulator on the backside of the passenger side strut tower and although is slightly within 6" he's never had a tech hassle.

Which brings up my next question, no NHRA rulebook handy? LOL!
Yeah, I guess it'd be a good idea to pic one up since I'm going to be going 9's???

:)

Where's a good place to get one, I don't want to get raped on shipping a $10 book!!!

#6 ·
NO MANRZ said:
Yeah, I guess it'd be a good idea to pic one up since I'm going to be going 9's???

:)

Where's a good place to get one, I don't want to get raped on shipping a $10 book!!!

I know Etown and Island sell them. It would surprise me if the Grove didn't. Or you could probably get one through a local chasis/speed shop.

#7 ·
Here's the info straight from the rulebook for you.

All non-OEM fuel lines must be metallic, steel braided or NHRA accepted "woven or woven pushlock". You are allowed a total of 12" of non-metallic or non steel braided hose is permitted for connection purposes.

Here's the list of NHRA accepted woven or woven pushlock hose.

Aeroquip FC300, FC332
Aeroquip Starlite 200
Aqp Socketless
Earl's Prolite
Fragola Performance Systems Series 8000 Push-Lite Race Hose
Gates LOL plus
Goodridge 536
Goodridge 710
Russel Twist-Loc 836
XP HS-79
Dayco Imperial Nylo-seal tubing.

Make sure you Aeroquip blue is one of the numbers. They do make some industrial grade blue stuff that is not NHRA approved.

#8 ·
jbozzelle said:
Here's the info straight from the rulebook for you.

All non-OEM fuel lines must be metallic, steel braided or NHRA accepted "woven or woven pushlock". You are allowed a total of 12" of non-metallic or non steel braided hose is permitted for connection purposes.

Here's the list of NHRA accepted woven or woven pushlock hose.

Aeroquip FC300, FC332
Aeroquip Starlite 200
Aqp Socketless
Earl's Prolite
Fragola Performance Systems Series 8000 Push-Lite Race Hose
Gates LOL plus
Goodridge 536
Goodridge 710
Russel Twist-Loc 836
XP HS-79
Dayco Imperial Nylo-seal tubing.

Make sure you Aeroquip blue is one of the numbers. They do make some industrial grade blue stuff that is not NHRA approved.
Please explaing the "total of 12" part", it doesn't make much sense the way you typed it out, almost like you ran 2 sentences together???

So, if I read this correctly, you can't use more than 12" total pushlock hose from front to rear??? Do you mean 12 feet??? You can't possibly mean 12", right???

#12 ·
Jeff, there is a parker store in harrisburg if you ever need any extra hose of fittings. They either have them in stock - or can get them in a day or two. I built my whole fuel system with them. www.parkerstore.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.