Ford Mustang Forums banner

Guys with lightweight drag wheels, I need help

447 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  whitestang18 
#1 ·
I have a set of Telstars that I am putting on my '01. I will run 15x3.5 up front and 15x8 in the back with 26x10.5 ET streets. Do I need longer studs than the stockers to get the wheels/tires to fit? I haven't tried to mount them yet and won't be for a while. I recently borrowed a set of welds with the same tires and had zero problems, so I'm thinking that I'll be ok. Should I go to a screw in stud instead (in the rear)? I do have aftermarket axles with the extra set of holes.

Also, I know NHRA/IHRA require the use of the open lugs on the drag wheels...can someone tell me what size I'll need to match the stock size? I plan to swap back and forth from stock wheels/tires/lugs to the telstar combo, so the stud must be the same size as the stockers.

I plan to run tubes in my ET streets too...does anyone have any other recomendations for a newbie with these things? I'm putting in an order with Summit so I was trying to get everything I need right now.

Sorry for all of the questions, any help would be great, thanks a lot!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.