350 rwhp problems :) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-13-2003, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
350 rwhp problems :)

Do you guys who are running around 350 rwhp have any problems with launching on ET streets/slicks with the stock axles and no battle boxes??? I have my suspension/drivetrain/engine combo below in the sig, would you anticipate any problems with launching above 3500 rpm on slicks?

1991 Black Mustang GT 5.0

Engine mods:
331 Keith Crakft, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage II cam, 1.6 TFS rockers, TFS Track Heat Intake, Aluminum Radiator, 75mm Accufab TB, 76mm C&L MAF kit, BBK underdrive pulleys, 130 amp altenator, 180 degree Thermostat, K&N Airfilter
Exhaust mods:
MaC 1 5/8 Long Tube headers, off road H Pipe, Superturbo mufflers
Fuel system:
Adjustable FPR, 190 lph fuel pump, 30# injectors
drivetrain:
Tremmec 3550, Lakewood Scatter shield, 3.73 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, Aluminum driveshaft, Centerforce Dual friction clutch & pressure plate, adjustable clutch cable
suspension mods:
Eibach Drag launch kit, Adjustable rear Competition Engineering shocks, Megabite Jr LCA's, JD's Double Adj. UCA's (Pinion Angle set at -2.5*), J&M round tube subframes, Lakewood front 70/30, polyurathane bushings all around

Dynoed at 339 rwhp, and 362 rwtq.

1/4 mile time of 12.7 at 110 with 1.97 60' on MT ET streets.

1/4 mile time of 13.0 at 110 with 2.0 60' on Futura street tires.

Sound System (Removable)

RF Fanatic X 6.5" components, Profile 440sx 400W amp, RF HE2 12" Sub in sealed box, Crunch 4002 1200W amp, Blaupunkt CDC-A08, Blaupunkt Reno reciever, Pyramid electronic crossover

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-13-2003, 09:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I purchased a cheap(200.00 for the pair w/ long studs installed) set of 28 spline Yukon axles from Randy's Ring & Pinion. They're stroger than stock, and ET Drags let me hang the fronts out to dry on launch.

1.57 60'

No battleboxes, but I'm sure I'll need them soon.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-13-2003, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Really, I haven't heard of replaceing 28 splines with 28 splines. I guess its cheaper then going the 31 spline route. Do you have a website for them? And what makes them stronger as opposed to the stock units?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-13-2003, 06:46 PM

that or summit has superior axles that come with new bearings and seals for 250, the good thing about them is they have a 2 year warranty. the material they are made of and the hardening process makes them stronger than stock axles.

90 GT, 299" or is it????? Yates headed, R-Block, Kooks Headers, Demon Carb, Cammotion Cam, Mighty Mite C4, 8" Nitrous Converter, Moser spool & axle package, 4.88s, MT28x10.5s, 5" windshield hood, Prostars, hopefully soon Zex perimeter plate.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-13-2003, 06:51 PM
PSI

I have been launching on 315/35 DR's w/ stock axle. I just had the torque boxes reinforced and axle supports put on.

The installer said my upper torque boxes were in bad shap. i only launch at 2500 with the dr's making 392rwhp. I would think slicks will rip it up quick.

Black Bullitt # 232
3.73's, Steeda Tri-Ax, Magnaflow-X, SQ-V2, IC.
392rwhp. 12.246 @ 114.97 w/ 315/35 BFG DR's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement