Relocated battery and now I have to do what? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-09-2003, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Relocated battery and now I have to do what?

Now I have to install a battery cut off switch. Is this true? At all tracks.

While I got you here maybe you can tell me the rules about having a nitrous bottle in a hatch back.

Thanks alot.
Josh

86Gt hatch, 360w stock balanced bottom, PA reverse manual C4, top is nitrous ported AFR 185's, stageII ported Vic jr., AED 750HO carb, TFS stage II cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Ignition is MSD 6al, Mallory promaster coil, MSD dizzy, Chassis and suspension is 8 pt cage welded to subs, coilovers front, all tubular front, manual rack, out back is a baseline suspensions upper set up, SSM lowers, 50/50 lakewoods, and stock springs, and 4.10 gears. Best time to date is
7.10 @ 103 mph best 60 ft is 1.69
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-09-2003, 09:23 PM

Yes to the cutoff switch. IHRA and NHRA require it. As for the nitrous, you'll need a relief valve vented outside the car. If the bottle overpressures it won't release inside the car.

1990 LX Coupe
A/C, Smog, P/S, Swaybar Deleted, 3G, 4.10 Gears, UPR Blue Thunder, BBK Shorties, OR H-pipe,
March Underdrives, Relocated battery, 65mm TB/EGR, 73mm C&L, Taurus Fan, Flaming River Manual Rack,
Autometer Ultralites, RCI buckets, Maximum CC Plates, Maximum LCA's, Eibach Drag Launch kit, Weld Draglites

Best to date: 13.468 at 100.17
Best 60': 1.766

How To:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-09-2003, 11:44 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Make sure the kill switch shuts off the ignition also and just does not kill the battery. Tech got us like that once. They said start your car, and I did and then the dude flipped the switch and the car kept running. He let us run but said next time you won't pass tech.

Anyone can sit in the stands and talk s**t. Get out there and RACE!!!
PT76GTS blowthrough...sold. Cool but not what I wanted.
was running a 14 to 1 Man O War 427 with High Ports.Sold.
now running a 412 Windsor with Vic heads and a .700 solid roller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-09-2003, 11:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
How do you do that??? Make it cut the ignition?

Jeremy

Two turbos and a carb...
post #5 of 10 Old 06-09-2003, 11:57 PM

Wire it correctly...

Check out Buffhomer's page...

http://buffhomer.corral.net/custom.html

1990 LX Coupe
A/C, Smog, P/S, Swaybar Deleted, 3G, 4.10 Gears, UPR Blue Thunder, BBK Shorties, OR H-pipe,
March Underdrives, Relocated battery, 65mm TB/EGR, 73mm C&L, Taurus Fan, Flaming River Manual Rack,
Autometer Ultralites, RCI buckets, Maximum CC Plates, Maximum LCA's, Eibach Drag Launch kit, Weld Draglites

Best to date: 13.468 at 100.17
Best 60': 1.766

How To:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-10-2003, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Is a releif valve hard to install?

86Gt hatch, 360w stock balanced bottom, PA reverse manual C4, top is nitrous ported AFR 185's, stageII ported Vic jr., AED 750HO carb, TFS stage II cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Ignition is MSD 6al, Mallory promaster coil, MSD dizzy, Chassis and suspension is 8 pt cage welded to subs, coilovers front, all tubular front, manual rack, out back is a baseline suspensions upper set up, SSM lowers, 50/50 lakewoods, and stock springs, and 4.10 gears. Best time to date is
post #7 of 10 Old 06-10-2003, 06:42 AM

You have to run the alt. output to the battery side of the kill switch, make sure you run heavy wires too, I ran 8 gauge wire from the alt. to the battery and I'm not having any voltage drop.

Dave
Mustang 5.0 Supercharged
01 F-250 Turbocharged
post #8 of 10 Old 06-10-2003, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. Now how do install a releif valve? What does it do?

post #9 of 10 Old 06-10-2003, 09:43 PM

the relief valve is on the side of the nos valve, it contains a rupture disk (small thin copper disk set to blow out at around 1750 lbs). without the relief valve , there is no place to connect a line to vent the nos outside the car if the disk lets go. I think the relief has a -8 flare on it and it connects to a tube that goes outside the car. The bottle has to be empty to put the relief on.Just unscrew the existing relief and put the new one on, REPEAT---- the bottle must be EMPTY
post #10 of 10 Old 06-10-2003, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

cool Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement