Help me HOOK - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-02-2003, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Help me HOOK

Here's what I have 26x10.5 MT/ET Streets, BBK upper and lower control arms, Eibauk drag launch kit w/air bag, battery relocation kit, 70/30s and 50/50s.

I tried different launch rpms and tire pressures and the best I could do was a 1.947 @ 3000 rpms which really killed my ET. i also tried a 5000rpm launch like I usually do and my ET and mph got better but 60' dropped to 1.959 which is horrible. I was cutting high 1.7s with out wore out ET/drags. I was also playing with the pressure and went from 16 psi down to 12 psi. I really didnt want to go lower because at 12 psi it was squirrelly down track. I had my runs video taped and was spinning all through first and half-way through second. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
HUB

2002 Mustang GT: Steeda pullies, Magnaflow catback.

1990 LX Convertable: FPS 331, AFR 185s, E cam, S-Trim [email protected] ProM 80mm, Anderson P/P, 55lb inj. no FMU, Tuned by Swanson Performance 522RWHP 507 RWTQ Wt/w driver 3690lbs. [email protected]/ 1.50 60ft.
(MM&FF Editors Choice Award) (MM&FF feature car May 04 pg. 76)
"I love the smell of race gas in the morning......It reminds me of victory"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-02-2003, 04:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Could just possibly be cause they are streets. The streets do not hook as well as the drags. Also, it may have been a bad night for the track itself, did you only get 1 night to test? Go back and try again and see what happens.

BTW, you should be pullin 1.6s at least. What track you run at?

1984 Coupe - Proline Dart 327ci, compound turbos, 9", minitubs, cage, T-top coupe project car
1993 Coupe - Coyote project
2005 Duramax - Daily driver
post #3 of 6 Old 06-02-2003, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Im running at the California Speedway in Fontana. The track is only fair as far as hooking goes but Im used to pulling 1.7s outta crappy old/used ET/Drags at the same place.
HUB

2002 Mustang GT: Steeda pullies, Magnaflow catback.

1990 LX Convertable: FPS 331, AFR 185s, E cam, S-Trim [email protected] ProM 80mm, Anderson P/P, 55lb inj. no FMU, Tuned by Swanson Performance 522RWHP 507 RWTQ Wt/w driver 3690lbs. [email protected]/ 1.50 60ft.
(MM&FF Editors Choice Award) (MM&FF feature car May 04 pg. 76)
"I love the smell of race gas in the morning......It reminds me of victory"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-02-2003, 05:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I have some good reading in my sig if you haven't seen it yet that may give ya some ideas on what to look for..

Regards
ks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin Slaby
2002 GT 2V 902hp/820tq through the muffs.
http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm
post #5 of 6 Old 06-03-2003, 11:20 AM

I know ET streets take soem time to come around. Also you are only running 8.2" of tread on the ET streets. I notice a difference when going to the 11.50 which is close to 10" tread.

Also if the ET's are new then they take some time to come around... I went my fastest on my beat ass streets and now I am working to make the NEW ones work as good.. Go figure..
I run mine down around 12psi also..

PERKS PERFORMANCE
89 GT...
P/S 5 (5117)
Thanks to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 Old 06-03-2003, 06:00 PM

I'm hooking good with 1.5 60 foot times. I've got factory springs and shocks, all I have is lakewood lower control arms. I've be droping the clutch at 6000 rpms with 28 x 10.50 ET Drags. I think you should go with the 28 x 10.50 and a little more gear to compisate for the taller tire so you dont lose your ratio.

Dave
Mustang 5.0 Supercharged
01 F-250 Turbocharged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement