Roll Bar Question - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-01-2003, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Roll Bar Question

I'm getting a 6-point rollbar installed into my convertible in a few weeks. I have a 4-point now, but was kicked out of a track after running my best time ever, 12.02 @ 117.46 Dambit...

Anyway, has anyone ever seen a telescopic (or adjustable in some way) bar that connects the roll bar to the seat? I want the seat to connect to the roll bar, but it would be nice to have it adjustable in some way so that when I'm driving I can put my seat back and when I'm at the track I can move it up. Almost like a trailer hitch with a pin. Just curious.

If you've seen this or have any pics, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for the info.

92 GT Vert, Keith Craft 306, SQ-Trim w/Power Cooler, Edelbrock 6037's/Performer intake, FTI cam, 60's, Walbro GSS340, T-56 6-speed, Spec Stage Three, Baer Brakes, Griggs Suspension, 3.55's. Best time - 11.56 @ 121.75, 1.78 60' on ET Streets (7.48 @ 95.69 1/8th) - with E-303 cam, 500 rwhp/463 rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-01-2003, 08:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I have one like you describe. I don't have a pic here, but I can get one (I got John one a while ago)

It's basically a long threaded piece in the shape of a T with a bolt through the end, and a plate that bolts to your chair. You can move your seat back and forth, and just have to pop out 2 bolts and move the plate to the seat and put them back in.

It looks like it should work pretty good.

Ian
1988 Mustang GT - 422w/IS plate
[email protected] (1.26 60ft) best 1/4 mile
[email protected] (1.31 60ft on the back tires) best 1/8 mile
post #3 of 3 Old 05-01-2003, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Blk88GT
I have one like you describe. I don't have a pic here, but I can get one (I got John one a while ago)

It's basically a long threaded piece in the shape of a T with a bolt through the end, and a plate that bolts to your chair. You can move your seat back and forth, and just have to pop out 2 bolts and move the plate to the seat and put them back in.

It looks like it should work pretty good.
Perfect, that sounds great. I'll look into that when I drop it off.

If you would, send me a pic. I'm getting my domain back up tonight after a recent move, so you can send it to [email protected] It should be up by around 8:00pm or so tonight.

Thanks again!

92 GT Vert, Keith Craft 306, SQ-Trim w/Power Cooler, Edelbrock 6037's/Performer intake, FTI cam, 60's, Walbro GSS340, T-56 6-speed, Spec Stage Three, Baer Brakes, Griggs Suspension, 3.55's. Best time - 11.56 @ 121.75, 1.78 60' on ET Streets (7.48 @ 95.69 1/8th) - with E-303 cam, 500 rwhp/463 rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement