26X11.5 rubs also Prediction of 1/4 times - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-09-2003, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
26X11.5 rubs also Prediction of 1/4 times

Hey guys.....Let me start off by giving you the low down. I just got my slicks and Draglites 3.5 in front which is cool and 15X9 and measurements are as follows 15X9 5 1/2in backspacing. I just rebuilt the rearend and did a BAER 5lug disc brake conversion. I got the 5 1/2 bs because I needed the inner fender clearance. I have the HPM control arms setup and when I put the rearend back in I placed the control are in the 135% setting (it was on the 80% before) and I didn't have the slicks on until I did the 5 lug conversion so I don't know if it would have cleared before. I wanted to try the 135% setting to see if it would be a better setup. Ok the problem I'm having is the slick rubs the outside fender of which I already rolled the lip. Now.....I haven't changed the rear shocks I'm sure they are blown if I replace them do you think it will give me a little more clearance. Also for you guys that have HPM megabite Jr's does the height change from the 135% to the 80%.....was thinking it might give me a 1/4in of more clearance. Also what do you guys think the 1/4's are gonna be with my setup below I also have all the sound deadener out of the bottom of the car (120lbs)worth, the back seat is out and I have a Tubular K with a-arm and coil overs (loss of 170lbs off)with the fog light support out and the front bumper is gone as well.....Thanx fr the interest in advance.

91'GT sporting a 347 11.3 to1 Modified GT40 intake AFR 185's CNC stage 3
cam-specs are classified
Jesel 1.7 RR
Bassani equal length stepped longtube headers
Bassani X pipe
ACCUFAB 75mmTB & EGR
#30 inj.
Pro-M 77mm MAF
BBK cold air kit
pullies
3.73 gears
Tremec 3550 trans
HPM control arms
Griggs chasis comp.
NOW I have skinnies and slicks!!!!(HA HA HA) (HO HO HO)( HE HE HE)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-10-2003, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
ttt

91'GT sporting a 347 11.3 to1 Modified GT40 intake AFR 185's CNC stage 3
cam-specs are classified
Jesel 1.7 RR
Bassani equal length stepped longtube headers
Bassani X pipe
ACCUFAB 75mmTB & EGR
#30 inj.
Pro-M 77mm MAF
BBK cold air kit
pullies
3.73 gears
Tremec 3550 trans
HPM control arms
Griggs chasis comp.
NOW I have skinnies and slicks!!!!(HA HA HA) (HO HO HO)( HE HE HE)
post #3 of 3 Old 04-11-2003, 12:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
Changing the shocks will help during a turn and over bumps if thats when it rubs. I have a 91LX with a 8.8 rear-SSbars,50-50 shocks, stock V8 springs with Energy Susp. stock replacement spring pads(under & over spring) rolled outer and beat in on the inner fenders and running a 26x11.5 15 on a 6 1/2 back spacing 10" weld with no rubbing and my car is sitting pretty level. Oh and if anyone asks yes its pretty close on the inner side but it still doesnt rub

Last edited by fordjunky; 04-11-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement