Battle boxes or Wolfe racecraft's rein. plates? Which has worked better for you? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-26-2003, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Battle boxes or Wolfe racecraft's rein. plates? Which has worked better for you?

I was just wondering which ones have worked better for you guys? I have called and the wild rides battle boxes have a lifetime warranty> but are more expensive.
Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-26-2003, 05:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (39)
I use both on my car. I added the wild rides plates and bolted them in, then spot welded them and also had the wolfe racecraft plates added when I had the roll bar welded in. I'd do both if you can afford it.

Darin H.--2003 NMRA P/S champ
Steve Moberley: Crew Chief/Car Owner

Teal 1993 Cobra--NMRA Coyote Stock #3107
post #3 of 10 Old 02-26-2003, 08:37 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I have the Wolfe plates on my car.If you weld every seam you can see then weld the plates in you won't have any problems.If your boxes are already damaged then I think Wild Rides stuff is a good fix.Call Wolfe and talk to them they have some scary fast cars with just welded boxes and their plates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-27-2003, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

I was thinking of some prevantative maintenance> but I am not sure> I dont really have the funding to get the Battle boxes uppers and lowers> but I know it will be expensive if I rip a hole in the floor like a friend of mine did w/stock boxes.
Thanks for the information guys
post #5 of 10 Old 02-27-2003, 01:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
WIKD 281,

I have been doing some research on my end as well. I decided to do both...the Wild Rides' and Wolf product. Yes, the guys at Wolf have cars in the 8's with their plate and welded boxes only. Then again, there suspension and IC location is near perfect. I am very conservative and decided on doing both. For one I do not have the money to set up my suspension to be "perfect." And secondly, Why risk the chance of having to fix them in the future? Just my thoughts.

Vito
post #6 of 10 Old 02-27-2003, 01:29 PM

WIKD 281,

I have been doing some research on my end as well. I decided to do both...the Wild Rides' and Wolf product. Yes, the guys at Wolf have cars in the 8's with their plate and welded boxes only. Then again, their suspension and IC location is near perfect. I am very conservative and decided on doing both. For one I do not have the money to set up my suspension to be "perfect." And secondly, Why risk the chance of having to fix them in the future? $250 in material including shipping is OK for me. Just my thoughts.

P.S. Check this out. His boxes seem the same as Wild Rides. I did not go with these because I already had them before reading this posting. He is only advertising the uppers. I do not know if he has the lowers. https://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...hreadid=237648

Good Luck

Vito
post #7 of 10 Old 02-27-2003, 01:35 PM

Check out pics of the Wolfe upper and lower plates before I painted the undercarriage. These did the trick for me - the key is in the welding.

https://www.corral.net/photopost/show...=17311&thumb=1
post #8 of 10 Old 02-27-2003, 04:44 PM

VitoScilla
There is nothing too fancy with Wolfe's rear suspension. It uses the factory mounting locations so it does not alter the instant center.If your torque boxes are not already damaged there is no need to buy battle boxes. My car has Wolfe rear suspension and is welded up like yugnat'00GT has his. It has held up well as I have gone 9.12 at 149 with no problems at all.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-28-2003, 11:43 PM

sprayn383,

No Kidding! From what I have read, it seems to me that battle boxes are one of the best "insurance policies" for your torque boxes?? Maybe I'm caught up in all the marketing.

Vito
post #10 of 10 Old 03-03-2003, 01:56 PM

I have both on my car also, originally I just had the Wild Rides, then after the cage went in, everything was welded and the wolfe racecraft plates added.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement