4V 8 bolt crank SFI 29.1 flexplate recommendation needed - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-07-2018, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Garage
4V 8 bolt crank SFI 29.1 flexplate recommendation needed

Title pretty much says it all. Need a reliable piece THAT FITS properly, meaning all the bolt holes in perfect alignment. Track only car. NA, going C4 for brackets.

99 coupe. C4/8 5000 stall w/2003 Mach crate motor FRPP stock N/A, Kooks LT's and X,dumps no muffs. 4.56's
Best ET 11.42 Best MPH 116.33Best 60" 1.49
Coincidence. A convenient and overused word for the mentally lazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-26-2018, 10:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I’ve got the prw flexplate in mine, holes line up perfectly. 4r70 trans in mine behind cobra crank, but pretty sure holes line up for aod and c4 as well, but I’ve heard good things about the jw performance piece as well.

post #3 of 5 Old 03-27-2018, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ended up with the JW the wheel. Time will tell.

99 coupe. C4/8 5000 stall w/2003 Mach crate motor FRPP stock N/A, Kooks LT's and X,dumps no muffs. 4.56's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-27-2018, 10:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I’ve never heard bad about it, just expensive....I was afraid of bolt holes lining up too, hearing horror stories about filing out bolt holes. Mine only fit on 1 way, any other way and the holes didn’t line up, you just have to keep rotating it till they do. Wonder if that was the problem others had too?
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2018, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialProspect View Post
Ive never heard bad about it, just expensive....I was afraid of bolt holes lining up too, hearing horror stories about filing out bolt holes. Mine only fit on 1 way, any other way and the holes didnt line up, you just have to keep rotating it till they do. Wonder if that was the problem others had too?
The bolt pattern is most definitely one way only. But beyond that I did have a lot of trouble getting al the bolts started with the JW. They give their wheels a pretty hefty coat of black paint including in the holes. I sent it back to them, they cleaned it up (not my job and their responsibility for warranty and SFI cert issues) and it went on. I must say that in retrospect, one of the biggest issues I had getting it on were the ARP bolts I had bought. Absolutely the right product, stated right on the blister pack. Those bolts did not like to start. Even with the flywheel not there, they were difficult to get started in the crank threads. The very last thing you would ever want to do is cross thread one of your crank holes. I took a couple of my used flywheel bolts ford oe, they went in smooth and finger easy. So I had the local ford dealer order me up a set of Ford OE flexplate bolts. They are different from flywheel bolts in length. Put the cleaned up JW wheel on, used the Ford bolts, like butter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement