Over the Axle / Full Exhaust Anti Roll Bar - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-07-2018, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Over the Axle / Full Exhaust Anti Roll Bar

Does anyone have pictures of an anti-roll bar installed for use with the over the axle exhaust? I'm looking at the UPR 2000-07 or whatever other roll bars are being used and I'd like to see where they mount. I'd also like to make sure it works with a 9" rear.

Thanks
Steve

2004 Cobra: TR with a Whipple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-07-2018, 06:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
Does anyone have pictures of an anti-roll bar installed for use with the over the axle exhaust? I'm looking at the UPR 2000-07 or whatever other roll bars are being used and I'd like to see where they mount. I'd also like to make sure it works with a 9" rear.

Thanks
Steve
You might check with baseline suspensions. I believe they have an ARB that will allow full exhaust.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
post #3 of 13 Old 01-08-2018, 01:18 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
Team Z Anti Roll Bar (use with tailpipes)

I'm fast. I make five mistakes while you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 01-13-2018, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
You might check with baseline suspensions. I believe they have an ARB that will allow full exhaust.
It doesn't look like they have one on their site for over the axle exhaust, just options that offer more clearance for custom exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish Fireball View Post
I can't see any way that would work with over the axle exhaust. It might, but that's why I need to see pictures.

post #5 of 13 Old 01-13-2018, 08:39 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Hey
You should make ur life easier and use dumps before the axel. Gets rid of the issue.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-13-2018, 09:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Quote:
It doesn't look like they have one on their site for over the axle exhaust, just options that offer more clearance for custom exhaust.
All of my ARB's are designed to clear 3" exhaust but not all 3" exhaust systems are designed the same so some customizing of the pipes may be in order. Although after nearly 20yrs I have only heard of one customer with a Flowmaster 3" system that had rubbing issues.
I also have a customer that custom built a 3.5" system and got it all to fit and with a 9" rearend, see below. This ARB kit was the bolt-in version:

ks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin Slaby
2002 GT 2V 902hp/820tq through the muffs.
http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm
post #7 of 13 Old 01-13-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish Fireball View Post
Team Z doesn't work with flowmaster 3" tailpipes, without some serious modification, so now I have dumps.
post #8 of 13 Old 01-13-2018, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatie97 View Post
Hey
You should make ur life easier and use dumps before the axel. Gets rid of the issue.
This is where I'm at right now and what my friend has all but talked me in to doing, the UPR one won't work with the braced 9". I just don't want to have empty slots on the back where the tail pipes go, so I'd like to fab something up so that they are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN$ View Post
All of my ARB's are designed to clear 3" exhaust but not all 3" exhaust systems are designed the same so some customizing of the pipes may be in order. Although after nearly 20yrs I have only heard of one customer with a Flowmaster 3" system that had rubbing issues.
I also have a customer that custom built a 3.5" system and got it all to fit and with a 9" rearend, see below. This ARB kit was the bolt-in version:

ks
I'll play around with my exhaust some more and see if I can change the angle. I'm not 100% convinced that I CAN'T get it to work, but that bolt in one would definitely work. What is the recommended distance on the axle tube brackets? Thanks for the reply!

post #9 of 13 Old 01-13-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
What is the recommended distance on the axle tube brackets? Thanks for the reply!
18.5" center/center.

ks

Kevin Slaby
post #10 of 13 Old 01-13-2018, 05:44 PM

Trader Feedback: (19)
Lots of guys going under the axle with the exhaust now. Much simpler routing and no worries about the ARB. Ill be doing 3.5" aluminum under the axle soon

Street car with a 5 speed
427ci SBF -- 9.86 at 136mph
http://youtu.be/2GKQ2xpZraU

Drag Week 2013 SR/SB/NA Winner
post #11 of 13 Old 01-14-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's Notch View Post
Lots of guys going under the axle with the exhaust now. Much simpler routing and no worries about the ARB. Ill be doing 3.5" aluminum under the axle soon
I would love to see some pictures of people running it under the axle for idea's if anyone out there has done it?
post #12 of 13 Old 03-22-2018, 01:34 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN$ View Post

ks
Kevin,

Do you know if Macs 3" catback/tailpipe system clears your antiroll bars on a foxbody platform?

Thanks
post #13 of 13 Old 03-24-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2memorize View Post
Kevin,

Do you know if Macs 3" catback/tailpipe system clears your antiroll bars on a foxbody platform?

Thanks
Sorry, I don't know for sure. I do know that the Flowmaster had issues and I haven't heard of any others having issues but I'm not saying that the MAC's will clear for certain.

KS

Kevin Slaby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement