Street Turbo Fox rear suspension/tire questions. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By 88blownstang
  • 1 Post By wytwolf
  • 1 Post By JB Books
  • 1 Post By My96z

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-22-2017, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Street/Strip Turbo Fox rear suspension/tire questions.

After a few months time, I am finished with my On3 install on my 91 LX (In Sig.). Will be picking it up early next week from the tuner and I am new to Foxbodys. I need to work on the rear suspension now as its stock. I have already ordered the Wild Rides Battle Box torque box reinforcement kit and the car has a set of freshly installed Max Motorsports SFC's installed.

I been looking around for control arms and it seems that I am leaning toward Team Z's street beast kit as it seems to have good street manners and does well at the strip. Possibly with their rear stock location springs. It will mostly be a street car, full interior, but it will see the strip occasionally. I am hoping for 10's on slicks once sorted out. Not sure if I should go with the relocated uppers or if there has been any new stuff to come out. Seems most posts I could find were 3-4 years old.

What do you guys think of using an airbag to control body roll? I know its not the best solution, but since my car is mostly a street car, I don't know if it needs a ARB.

As for slicks, seems the Hoosier Quick Time Pros work well for everyone. I will pick up some 15x8" Welds after the rear is done. Any other suggestions?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg front end .jpg (103.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg frt rt.jpg (86.3 KB, 43 views)

1991 Mustang LX - 306, Ported Holley Systemax, 11R 190 heads, FTI cam, 70mm TB, On3 Turbo kit w/67mm BB .96a/r, PT 46mm WG, MSD6AL-2. Freddy Brown Built FMVB AOD w/brake, 3K stall. 3.27's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-24-2017, 06:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Are you on instagram man? If so look at mine @turbotartkart .

Our car works really well.Its basically all stock stuff and is quite fast now but hooks perfectly fine with basic control arms ,stock springs etc.We street race the car a lot..i have some in car street passes/videos of it on there.These cars it dont take much honestly.You can DM me on there if you have any questions.

My96z likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-26-2017, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

I like your car! It really leaves nice on the street. I don't have Instagram, but I am curious about your setup.

1991 Mustang LX - 306, Ported Holley Systemax, 11R 190 heads, FTI cam, 70mm TB, On3 Turbo kit w/67mm BB .96a/r, PT 46mm WG, MSD6AL-2. Freddy Brown Built FMVB AOD w/brake, 3K stall. 3.27's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-02-2017, 04:01 AM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (8)
Can't wait to see how this turns out! I went with UPR Pro Series anti roll bar. Not sure if I'll have it hooked up on the street. Have to feel it out. Doing coilovers front and rear. Going to leave the arms that are in there(BBK) for now. If I need to change some stuff, so be it. We used to just run drag springs and Lakewood shocks 20 years ago, with alphabet cams, GT40 intakes, ported E7's, and some spray going deep 11's. Some in the 10's. Your car should be a beast. I'm doing similar, but 331 and 76mm.
My96z likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-02-2017, 06:17 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytwolf View Post
Can't wait to see how this turns out! I went with UPR Pro Series anti roll bar. Not sure if I'll have it hooked up on the street. Have to feel it out. Doing coilovers front and rear. Going to leave the arms that are in there(BBK) for now. If I need to change some stuff, so be it. We used to just run drag springs and Lakewood shocks 20 years ago, with alphabet cams, GT40 intakes, ported E7's, and some spray going deep 11's. Some in the 10's. Your car should be a beast. I'm doing similar, but 331 and 76mm.
Keep an eye on those bbk upper arms. I managed to oval/elongate the
forward mounting points. Street only,stick car on QTP's. Went to solid
uppers/lowers.
wytwolf likes this.

427 T56 3.90 2 kits
post #6 of 8 Old 08-03-2017, 03:14 AM
Corral Elite Member

Will do! Stick cars are brutal on suspension components when they hook. It'll be a process getting the whole car dialed. I just want to get it together.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-05-2017, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

I remember those days well!!

Unfortunately, shortly after I got my car off the trailer I blew a head gasket. I just picked up an explorer short block this week. I am going to take it in and get some new bearings, forged pistons and any needed machine work and throw it back together with some good ARP hardware and probably a bigger cam. Hoping to catch a deal on some aluminum heads or maybe even some Windsor Jr heads.
wytwolf likes this.

post #8 of 8 Old 08-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Corral Elite Member

Right on! I'm doing a Dart Block 331, AFR 205's, 76mm, AOD. Should be easy on the suspension. Hell on tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement