Torque boxes tweaked, welded wrong in a hurry. How screwed am I? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2017, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Torque boxes tweaked, welded wrong in a hurry. How screwed am I?

Basically what the title says. I noticed the car would no longer fit the same tire as before without running on one side, the rear was off center. Further inspection revealed one driver side upper torque box pulling away from the body. Pulled the rear end and tried to get everything back in shape as best I could and welded all the seams fully solid on both sides. Now the rear is still of center and I realized I didn't get the driver side box quite back where it belongs! Total newbie mistake.

So now I have fully welded upper boxes and one is still wrong. Am I going to have to cut all this back apart and basically put an s-box in it? Or can I make up for the inch or so of misalignment with double adjustable control arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2017, 10:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukikevin95 View Post
Basically what the title says. I noticed the car would no longer fit the same tire as before without running on one side, the rear was off center. Further inspection revealed one driver side upper torque box pulling away from the body. Pulled the rear end and tried to get everything back in shape as best I could and welded all the seams fully solid on both sides. Now the rear is still of center and I realized I didn't get the driver side box quite back where it belongs! Total newbie mistake.

So now I have fully welded upper boxes and one is still wrong. Am I going to have to cut all this back apart and basically put an s-box in it? Or can I make up for the inch or so of misalignment with double adjustable control arms?

Would an adjustable panhard bar work to pull the rear back to center? I have double adjustable uppers and don't think you could make the rear move over.

1989 Mustang LX, 408W
post #3 of 4 Old 05-22-2017, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89fast5oh View Post
Would an adjustable panhard bar work to pull the rear back to center? I have double adjustable uppers and don't think you could make the rear move over.

I'm sure you could PULL it back with a panhard bar but would that not put everything in a massive bind?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-31-2017, 08:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Adjustable control arms would fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement