Battery cutoff with 4 terminal - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brian95

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-13-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
Battery cutoff with 4 terminal

I am relocating battery to back and I think I have it all down but I'm thinking of using a 4 terminal switch so how would I connect it. I will be using 1/0 gauge from alt to switch and same size for dist block in front to switch and all battery to switch, is this right? Well say switch has 2 a posts and 2 b posts and is it ok for ground same size or should that be 1 gauge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-18-2017, 06:34 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
What size alternator are you using? Where is your fuel pump?

It is poor design to run the alternator output all the way to the back when you already have the starter on a large wire to the front.

All you need to do is is use the small terminals to kill power to the fuel pump and use the large posts to kill all 12V to the front on the large cable. Then you can tie the alternator output to the larger starter feed cable and still kill everything when the switch is cut off.

The ground has to carry maybe 300-450 amps when the starter first engages and starts to roll the engine. A good mini-starter drops to around 200 amps when the starter motor is spinning fast. I use a fuse link for my battery ground.

This is what I do.

Battery Wiring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
post #3 of 4 Old 01-18-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
Alt is stock 130 amp and I have a1000 pump in back under trunk right side next to spare tire well.
TomR likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-19-2017, 09:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian95 View Post
Alt is stock 130 amp and I have a1000 pump in back under trunk right side next to spare tire well.
Just wire it like I did in the link.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement