Mod Motor Build - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 12-26-2016, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Mod Motor Build

Hey guys, just decided to go with a turbo mod motor for my next project. This will be a street car, that sees the track relatively often. Looking for around 1500-1600 to the crank. Just need help on the short block build. I see plenty of people making these power levels with the 4.6 and the 5.4, so witch one and why? and also 2v, 3v, or 4v? Witch ever you choose what block would be best as the main foundation for my build. So when i have the block, what needs to be done to the block as far as sleeving the block, filling the block, mind you it will see a fair amount of street time so it has to be able to sit in traffic and stay cool. So maybe a half fill block? I assume i need to use a kellogg crank, any suggestions as far as rods and pistons go? Personally i was thinking i could find a 5.4 block, have it fully gone through by the machine shop. 1/4 or maybe 1/2 fill it. Get a kellogg crank, mahle h-beam rods, diamond pistons, have it all balanced. Be around 9.5:1 and gap the rings for 25-30psi and run a precision 88 or 91 single turbo, that way i can sit and spool it and the drag strip but it wont make high boost softly street driving it. I would appreciate any input as far as the short block goes. Thank guys!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement