New PB, don't think much more in it........ - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-03-2016, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Garage
New PB, don't think much more in it........

At a track rental on Friday got a new PB [email protected] With only three weekends left in my racing season, it's time to start seriously thinking about this winters project to go faster on a budget of around 2k. Car weighs 2750 with an 8 point chrome moly bar. Want very much to go manual steering and brakes, with some lightweight race brakes, get rid of the hydraboost and all the associated lines, reservoir, etc, lightweight steering column with quick disconnect wheel. It's not the best bang for the buck ET wise, but it's a full time race car and so at some point it needs to be done. Ive never taken the dash out to gut that so Im guessing with some work i could get another 100 lbs out of the car down to 2650 race weight of 2850. Right now at race weight of 2950 with a stock mach motor, I think I'm about maxed out. Best 60' of 1.49, but a normal good one is 1.51 or so. I know my T56 is costing me a tenth or two vs a Gforce or Astro T5, but thats a big buck switch for a tenth or two.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

99 coupe. C4/8 5000 stall w/2003 Mach crate motor FRPP stock N/A, Kooks LT's and X,dumps no muffs. 4.56's
Best ET 11.42 Best MPH 116.33Best 60" 1.49
Coincidence. A convenient and overused word for the mentally lazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-03-2016, 11:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
I put my Maverick on a diet a while back. I did the brakes and rear end (9" aluminum chunk and AL spool). 126 lbs lost. Worth .12 down the 1/8 mile. The brakes were Mustang 2 IFS 9" discs up front and GM Metric discs on the rear (no park brake). Should be pretty close to Fox stuff weight-wise. If it's a full-time race car, the T56 really doesn't belong. A Jerico, Nash, etc would probably pick you up quite a bit, and you may be surprised to find someone who's willing to do some trading.

post #3 of 7 Old 10-04-2016, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddturbo View Post
If it's a full-time race car, the T56 really doesn't belong. A Jerico, Nash, etc would probably pick you up quite a bit, and you may be surprised to find someone who's willing to do some trading.
I don't know anything about Jericho or Nash, and I'll do some research. Is there a reason you suggest those vs a GForce or Astro T5?

99 coupe. C4/8 5000 stall w/2003 Mach crate motor FRPP stock N/A, Kooks LT's and X,dumps no muffs. 4.56's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-04-2016, 03:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (15)
based off the mph you should be able to get another .2-.3 out of it

DT Racing and Fabrication

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew Chief
Roche Racing engines Billet headed windsor! BMF on 275s!
my car-88lx- 408" stock block gangster!!!
post #5 of 7 Old 10-05-2016, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTthis798 View Post
based off the mph you should be able to get another .2-.3 out of it
Maybe at a different track, with better conditions and adjusted altitudes. Nothing else reasonably close to me other than Lebanon Valley in NY. Next closest either New England Dragway or Englishtown, both of which people say are several tenths quicker than the Valley. They are both near sea level tracks. Atco in southern Jersey is also a very fast track, thats about a 4 1/2 hour tow around NYC. When I ran that new PB the adjusted altitude was around 1700'.

My hope of this thread was to get some good opinions on how to go faster on $2K. Nitrous not an option or consideration for a host of reasons.

post #6 of 7 Old 10-26-2016, 09:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
Nice job!

-Andy
post #7 of 7 Old 10-26-2016, 09:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
I agree, nice!

'89 LX 'vert. 331 stroker, TKO600, my daily driver, [email protected] up here in SLC, Utah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement