All purpose struts? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-19-2016, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (8)
All purpose struts?

Currently have bilstien HD shocks and struts on the car.

Looking to add a Maximum motorsport coil over kit. Since the kits are specific to the type of strut you have now would be the time to change if I wanted to.

the purpose of the car is to serve three functions, street, drag and road racing.

that being said. I understand there will be some compromises.

I guess I want to know if I go with coilovers on my bilstiens, will I really be missing much at the strip in terms of suspension?

Or is it worth the cost to sell the bilstiens and go with a koni double adjustable strut?

Laser Red 1995GT with a 408W
Best ET to date: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-20-2016, 08:29 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
There is no such thing as an "all purpose car". You either have a street car, a drag car, or a road race car. The setups are usually different, so much so that trying to accomplish all 3 in one is going to end up with serious compromises. That has been my experience, for what it's worth.

That said, I am going to watch the thread as I wouldn't mind compromising a 60' time for a backroad twisty fun sunday driver. Already got a drag car that doesn't drive on the street.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-20-2016, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (8)
I agree junkyard. I am willing to give up some 60ft for the ability to be able to autocross the car as well. That being said I still want to pull the front wheels a little at the strip when I have the big and little tires bolted on......

Maybe I should also clarify that I am willing to swap wheels and tires for the different activities..... the thought was if I had coil over suspension with adjustable struts and shocks....maybe I could get 80% 100% of the time so to speak....lol

Laser Red 1995GT with a 408W
Best ET to date: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement