Strane 10 way settings? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-24-2016, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Strange 10 way settings?

What would you start out with as far as settings front and rear? Also what is a good air pressure to run in the back tires?

88 LX notch 306 Astro A5 trans 426 RWHP 393 RWTQ
Front suspension coil over 14" 150 pound spring.

Rear suspension Baseline Street outlaw relocated uppers/ Baseline adjustable lowers with stock spring 1 coil cut and 275 40 17 M&H drag radial.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-24-2016, 01:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Track conditions usually dictate strut/shock settings, with that tire imo going to be hard to hook with stick and the pwr you are making. If it were my car I would start around 3 on strut and 3 on shock. Video is your best friend to see how car is working, also the clutch in car is either going to help and or kill that tire!!!

post #3 of 7 Old 03-24-2016, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanking Gears View Post
Track conditions usually dictate strut/shock settings, with that tire imo going to be hard to hook with stick and the pwr you are making. If it were my car I would start around 3 on strut and 3 on shock. Video is your best friend to see how car is working, also the clutch in car is either going to help and or kill that tire!!!
3 from the softest setting? Right now I have a King Cobra pressure plate with a Centerforce dual friction disc. I was afraid the tire may be alittle on the aggressive side and hook to hard. I haven't ran the car yet, pretty sure I have the front on 3 and the rear on 5. 1 being the softest and 10 being stiff. Thanks for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-24-2016, 04:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Sorry about that, yes from full soft 3 clicks clock wise. I'll give another IMO lol , I'm thinking to get car to hook on radials your gonna have to manually slip clutch pedal on a launch but be careful not to slip to much are you will burn up the disc. Or try out a clutch tamer to consistently launch car. Another option is get some 15" wheels and M/T 2610 STIFFS and lay the hammer to that thing! !!!!!
post #5 of 7 Old 03-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Corral Elite Member

It was my experience that the strange rears liked to be full tight. On a good track anything less and it would shake the tire. On a poor track going looser would spin them at the hit. Up front I adjust them for thr track. I start at 2 clicks and tighten them if the track is good to limit the weight transfer at the hit. Its trial and error, take notes, good luck !

Stock Block 408", TFS 11R 205, TFS EFI Carb R Intake, XFI 236HR, Tweecer, Faceplated TKO 500
10.49 @ 130mph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-26-2016, 10:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Reef Blue View Post
It was my experience that the strange rears liked to be full tight. On a good track anything less and it would shake the tire. On a poor track going looser would spin them at the hit. Up front I adjust them for thr track. I start at 2 clicks and tighten them if the track is good to limit the weight transfer at the hit. Its trial and error, take notes, good luck !
So what your saying is you put the rears on 10 and the fronts on 2?

T-Moss Porting "ROCKS"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-21-2016, 09:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
17" DR with a stick is a waste of time. Put 15" slick. 12" 150lb or 14" 150lb front springs, pick your poison. Couple clicks from full soft on front, video is your friend, don't forget to rev it to the moon and dump that 3rd pedal! Drive like its stolen

Stock parts 302,E7 heads,bolt down rockers,air gap, 650DP,small HR cam,1&5/8"LT's,bullets dumped, 4.10, 26x10S,2800lbs,TKO500,Team Z
[email protected]+MPH,1.48 60',NEED MORE GEAR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement