Electric water pump input - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-24-2016, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (13)
Electric water pump input

Ok let me start off as im just asking a question so no bashing,name calling, or anything along those lines. My new 347 has a danny bee belt drive so I must run an electric pump of some sort. the engine and motor plate came with an fittings for a remote pump but honestly I don't like the look of braided lines going all over the front of the engine area. I was looking at mezier and csr electric pumps that use stock style hoses then I came across at a local swap meet an assault brand pump. Ok im aware you get what you pay for, name means quality and so on. But I have to ask has anyone used one of these assault racing water pumps. It appears a copy of csr but im sure not as good. Im wanting a mezier but ive about spent my budget up for now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-24-2016, 08:33 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (64)
Would probably be fine until you can upgrade. I personally would not take long road trips with it until I upgraded to a more proven model.

1989 Coupe
363 Dart Block-TFS 11R Heads-Comp Custom Cam-Turbonetic's 78mm Hurricane Series Turbo-Super Victor EFI-6061 Elbow-TKO 600 - 8.8 Welded Tubes w/ 9 inch ends - Strange 35 spline axles and spool - Alumastar 17/Champion 15 front and rear's. 774 WHP @ 6000
post #3 of 12 Old 02-25-2016, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88coupelx View Post
Would probably be fine until you can upgrade. I personally would not take long road trips with it until I upgraded to a more proven model.
Thank You, and as far as long trips, this cars a pretty much only used at track bracket/index car so its not driven on street
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-25-2016, 08:53 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Ive had issues with 2 "chinese" electric water pumps recently. I know its not the excact same brand, but probably close to the pump you are looking at. I am running a motor plate, and "downgraded" back to a stock water pump with a Moroso external electric pump drive setup. The car sees zero street time, but the setup works very well. I have to keep the fans off to even get the temp to come up in a fairly quick amount of time. Might not be the prettiest, but im very happy with the setup, and way cheaper then the name brand type pumps
post #5 of 12 Old 02-25-2016, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

I cant run a stock style pump with my danny bee belt drive, if I could trust me a would
post #6 of 12 Old 02-25-2016, 08:04 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
A buddy of mine bought one of the ebay assault brand pumps for a small block chevy project he has and it was surprisingly nice for the money he paid for it. It's held up really well so far, but it's not a street car, it's a track only deal.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-26-2016, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodder View Post
A buddy of mine bought one of the ebay assault brand pumps for a small block chevy project he has and it was surprisingly nice for the money he paid for it. It's held up really well so far, but it's not a street car, it's a track only deal.
This cars a 14:1 solid roller race car. Its not driven on street
post #8 of 12 Old 02-27-2016, 09:07 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Probably work ok for you then?
post #9 of 12 Old 02-27-2016, 11:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
i have a mezier and that is a nice pump. i think it was like 450.00 and that about killed me to buy a water pump for that price. i had to play with water neck restrictors to get the temp right

1994 ranger 347 c4 4:30 gears best pass [email protected]
post #10 of 12 Old 02-28-2016, 12:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by faststang90 View Post
i have a mezier and that is a nice pump. i think it was like 450.00 and that about killed me to buy a water pump for that price. i had to play with water neck restrictors to get the temp right
I use a Derale fan controller to drive my Mezier pump. Works like a charm. Car goes to 160-170 and stays there with no T-stat.

I run a resistor on the AC override control line of the Derale controller. This is so the pump circulates slowly at all times, so the warm up is even and the engine does not hot-spot.

My Derale temp sensor is in my intake manifold port by the water outlet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
post #11 of 12 Old 02-28-2016, 02:22 AM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (93)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
I use a Derale fan controller to drive my Mezier pump. Works like a charm. Car goes to 160-170 and stays there with no T-stat.

I run a resistor on the AC override control line of the Derale controller. This is so the pump circulates slowly at all times, so the warm up is even and the engine does not hot-spot.

My Derale temp sensor is in my intake manifold port by the water outlet.
Any wiring schematics and resistor ohms ? Thanks in advance
post #12 of 12 Old 02-28-2016, 07:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93lxv-1 View Post
Any wiring schematics and resistor ohms ? Thanks in advance
The only difficult part is making an adapter for the sensor probe.

Derale Fan Water Pump Controller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement