Lights Out 7...who's going? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By TomR
  • 1 Post By Sleepr71

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-18-2016, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Lights Out 7...who's going?

Any of you guys there, or going this weekend? None of our stuff is back together & I have a new kiddo due soon. Supposedly somebody went 3.90 on radials tonight..wow! Clear,sunny,cool weather..they should lay down some killer times.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-19-2016, 08:07 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
mills went the 3.90 with the chutes out early

shadow went 3.90 also

haney tagged the wall

huttle in the new vette got crossed up at the 330 and went into bowman in the old lynch mob mustang

DT Racing and Fabrication

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew Chief
Roche Racing engines Billet headed windsor! BMF on 275s!
my car-88lx- 408" stock block gangster!!!
post #3 of 18 Old 02-19-2016, 12:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (50)
Garage
<--- Already there

88 LX Coupe - FordStrokers DIY 408w - Hi Ports - TKO 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 02-19-2016, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

If this weather continues...I think the best is yet to come! Definitely World class race,with NO sandbagging. Wonder what the bump spot is? 4.50? I'll try to get on the Live Feed later today & catch up.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-19-2016, 02:25 PM

not saying he's sand bagging but we havent seen everything the shadow has yet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew Chief
post #6 of 18 Old 02-19-2016, 09:22 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
I just got back. I went there feeling good about my car, ready to test it tomorrow with the new turbo and pipes. After I watched cars running 4's, I came back home and looked at my little motor and got all depressed.
noponi2 likes this.

89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
post #7 of 18 Old 02-19-2016, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

It can be a very humbling experience..you have to remember, that the baddest of the bad are there! It's also hard to compete with their budgets....
TomR likes this.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-20-2016, 11:40 PM
ZSR

Trader Feedback: (5)
I heard they actually sold out as far as spectators today. To anyone that was there, is that true? Crazy

post #9 of 18 Old 02-22-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
I just got back. I went there feeling good about my car, ready to test it tomorrow with the new turbo and pipes. After I watched cars running 4's, I came back home and looked at my little motor and got all depressed.
your little motor has what it takes to run 4's with the right turbo.... there was nothing special about the motor we ran the last few years. its all about trans and converter

Crew Chief
post #10 of 18 Old 02-24-2016, 03:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSR View Post
I heard they actually sold out as far as spectators today. To anyone that was there, is that true? Crazy
yes at around 2pm Saturday they started turning people away. We got in late Thursday, went to track first thing Friday morning and it was semi packed but we was able to get seats and watch tons of good racing. Saturday we left hotel around 9am got to exit 32 and a state trooper informed us we had to get back on interstate and go to exit 37. After getting off exit 37 we sat in bumper to bumper traffic over 2 hours. Just after 12:30 we finally went through the gates. That place was so freaking packed, people standing on rvs, people lining every inch of fence, it was a madhouse. We stayed maybe 2hrs, left and got food. Came back around 6pm and it had cleared out some but was still pretty packed, lucked up and got some seats and stayed until 11pm when they quit for the evening. It was an amazing experience, team z will make you change shirts on the spot if you go to their booth in a upr shirt to purchase things but cut me an awesome deal on a k member. I also picked up a very lightly used set of 275 pros. Like I said it was a pretty fun time but the street outlaw guys drew in a lot of spectators that had no clue what a drag race even was.

post #11 of 18 Old 02-25-2016, 10:46 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
My wife and I made the 13 hour drive one way for nothing. We made it to the track before they started turning people away Saturday (20 minute drive to the track took 3 1/2 hours) but we couldn't see any races. The stands were packed and the fences were like 12 people deep. We stayed about 2 hours then went to the Salty Snapper in Valdosta for dinner and drinks. It ended up being a 26+ hour drive for seafood and mixed drinks!

417" Kuntz Track 1X naturally aspirated @ 2900 lbs

1.26 60' ... 5.78 @ 117 →→ https://youtu.be/gfjkNF0SrKU
post #12 of 18 Old 02-26-2016, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

^^^ This was the experience for a lot of folks...even those who arrived on Friday in RV's to camp there all weekend. Only way to see the cars was to bring a bucket truck & go about 30ft up Frankly,I have too many other things going on & can't go to a dragstrip on Thursday..and camp until Sunday night. MotorMania LiveFeed it is for me. Do they sell a DVD with highlights of the whole event?
post #13 of 18 Old 02-26-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr71 View Post
^^^ This was the experience for a lot of folks...even those who arrived on Friday in RV's to camp there all weekend. Only way to see the cars was to bring a bucket truck & go about 30ft up Frankly,I have too many other things going on & can't go to a dragstrip on Thursday..and camp until Sunday night. MotorMania LiveFeed it is for me. Do they sell a DVD with highlights of the whole event?
for world cup at MIR we usually have to show up on Wednesday and thats with us already knowing the track and the tune up. we will prob do the same thing for the YB race this year

Crew Chief
post #14 of 18 Old 02-26-2016, 03:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
We where planning to go to Memphis next month. But after listening to the Chief and Shawn show podcast, and learning they plan to attend that event also I think ill skip it. Its great that they are popular and getting rich selling t shirts, but for the guys that's been going to races for years and enjoying themselves and cant go now without the huge crowds they draw in it sucks. Lights Out and No Mercy have always been popular, but this year was insanity. And everyother person there kept going " Hey man you know when Chief or Shawn will run again" I kept going this isn't a street outlaws race I don't care when they run again
post #15 of 18 Old 02-26-2016, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

I had no idea that the problem was a bunch of douche bags were there JUST to see the street outlaws guys We go for The fast cars, and to pick up occasional tips on how to go faster. Some guys will share info. We did outrun that grudge Malibu( Big Lo) last year..and oh the drama To bad I didn't have $5K on that one.
post #16 of 18 Old 02-26-2016, 07:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I thought it was an awesome race! We got there Friday and it was pretty packed. We stayed till around 11:30 and there was still a ton of people there. Saturday was on a different level but we made the best of it. I didn't drive all the way from Chicago to complain about how many people were there and so on. It was hard to see at times but once it got a little later it was manageable. We got there Sunday and was surprised that it had died down compared to Saturday. We stayed until it was over on Sunday night. That was by far the best damn drag race I've ever been to!
post #17 of 18 Old 02-27-2016, 06:20 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
We went Friday and Saturday, and Saturday was pretty frustrating. It took for ever to get into the track and we finally found a spot on the hill beside the stands.. But it was hard on your legs to stand on that steep hill... There was some awesome cars there, more than I've ever seen at one race!! From what I've heard they expect it to get bigger and they are gonna put in more seats,restrooms and food to make it right... We'll see..

86 mustang- tw heads , f cam ,systemax intake, stock bottom end ,procharger p1sc, liberty faceplated tko, team Z rear suspension
post #18 of 18 Old 02-27-2016, 09:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
I've been every year for the past 4-5 yrs, I was set to go back in september but cancelled my flight at the last minute and drove to Ennis for the bracket finals instead. I'm planning to go this september and run NitrousX with my car if I get the other motor in in time, I hope it's not as packed as it was this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement