Ford Mustang Forums banner

Effect of raising front end

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mach1soldier 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I got a suspension question.

I have been having traction issues with my car and was wondering something. I raised the front end of my mach1 an inch higher than stock due to the very steep ramp on my car trailer. It clears the trailer but I'm wondering if it is affecting the short times.

Just a bolt on 03 mach, 125 shot occasionaly. 4800 stall converter.

Suspension consists of

AJE K member
14-175 springs
coil overs with stock shocks
Rear end is stock with 4.30 gears.
26x8.5 DOT slicks.

Best I could do before the team z upper and lowers was 1.75 but the car was horribly inconsistent. It would do 1.85 and then 1.78 but mostly in the 1.8x range. It seems to be doing slightly better with the team z stuff but I have only had one track outing. I should be able to hit low 1.7x I would think off the bottle and something in the 1.60-1.65 range on the bottle I would think.

Any thoughts?

See less See more
#4 ·
I have only got one bottle through it spraying in first. I think the best was like a 1.67 sixty foot. I know the converter is way too loose but I still figured it should do better.

NA Times are

1/8 et 7.8x
1/8 MPH 85-87
1/4 et 12.38
1/4 MPH 110-111

The mph goes up a little with nitrous and I usually drop two tenths but the traction issue has me knowing there is more in it and it keeps me from getting off a clean pass.

#5 ·
If the converter is loose, it's only going to get looser on the sauce.

As far as what raising the nose will do... It's going to shift your percentages to the rear. It should also help on role over on launch. But, tighten up your converter! lol

#6 · (Edited)
I do need to get it tightened up but it's a pain so not first on my list. I don't want the car down during race season. Plus wouldn't tightening the converter and it hitting harder just further complicate my traction problems.

I'm a suspension newb so will lowering the front back down cause the front of the rear lower control arm to raise or lower? or will it have very little effect overall on the car. I could lower it an inch pretty easily at the track.

Not the best video but maybe this will help...

12.35 in mach 1 auto 2003 - Car Videos on StreetFire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.