Do my timeslips say my car is flawy or that I suck racing?!?! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-05-2011, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
Cool Do my timeslips say my car is flawy or that I suck racing?!?!

Ok guys quick info, 1995 5.0 gts, stick. To keep it short, mods are 65MM TB,CAI, short shifter,catback & x-pipe.225/45/17 rubbers.

My car's timing first off is retarded or advanced, I got no idea, but it overheats abit sometimes for no reason! Even with fans in check & coolant up to level. (Tonight at track it was real cool, so no overheating even with a/c off). It cranks up after 4 oomphs! Low end torque, you barely feel it. I tried to peel out other day and my car didn't respond it just flawed, Im like what the F*^&?!

Also im having ideas I have a broken tooth in 2nd gear cause I get a nasty vibration, and it feels like car is being held back all the way thru rpm range in that gear. Like its fighting some kind of force and finally frees itself in 3rd gear. I didn't get it like that, it happened with me, I grinded 2nd a few times..

So that aside my car is pretty much good...

This being my first time @ the track to race. I ran 5 passes and here are the slips, I feel idk, not emberrased but dissapointed no doubt about it.This was 1/8th Mi.

RT - 0-60ft - TRAP - ET
Pass #1 0.732 3.871 57.3 12.6
Pass #2 0.634 2.678 68.4 10.9
Pass #3 0.624 2.904 68.5 11.1
Pass #4 0.268 2.858 69.6 10.7
Pass #5 0.717 2.949 68.0 11.3

On the first pass, I just let go of gas cause I raced a civic on juice and he was way behind even with that 50 shot!!! so I just lid in neutral without shifting to 3rd. That justifies the "wtf" 57MPH pass lol!

My rear tires I inflated to 34 Psi and front to 40 Psi. It felt pretty good sticking with exception of first pass which I ran over water and had a mental lapse and didn't really burnout :3

So fellas this time slips in the eyes of you people that know stangs and are great racers, most than not signify sucky driver, not up too par car or a combination of both?

Thanks fellas! I am looking forward to alot of responses for whatever reason good or bad! Lol!!!

"What you can do today,do it because tommorow is not guaranteed"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-05-2011, 05:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (74)
You need the driver mod....desperately...your 60ft times are at least a full second slower than they should be...even on street tires...3 second 60 ft is NOT hooking up

Sounds like the timing is retarded

1987 Notch - N/A stock 302, TFS heads, Holley Systemax, FTI cam, Astro A5
Best so far: 10.92 @ 123mph with a 1.49 60ft

Last edited by tripleblackvert; 11-05-2011 at 05:33 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-05-2011, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblackvert View Post
You need the driver mod....desperately...your 60ft times are at least a full second slower than they should be...even on street tires...3 second 60 ft is NOT hooking up

Sounds like the timing is retarded
Ohh lol I feel you. No offense taken, I know I got ways to go. I can always polish my game up, I gotta get better @ launches & timing that green light. I guess I should just stop trying to perfect my shifting and refine other important things. Launch being one of them. Ja my crib's road is full of skidmarks :3, guess it'll get a couple more now lol.

So definitely you think timings retarded? The previous mec played with distributor without using a light gun. This other mec, which is my mec I trust, only has one flaw, loves that booze so dude promises hell be here and never does. Hangovers it seems, hes been promising to being the gun to check timing for over a week to no luck, oh well people being people I guess =/

I got a question I've never asked anyone to not sound stupid but I will .. I've done dumb clutch launches but my last 3 passes, I held the car 2200 Rpm with clutch semi-depressed,right @ where car wanted to roll forward while I had motor revved up.. Does that burn a clutch up or no,since the tranny is not getting to the flywheel yet or so I think? #Educate me here peeps , much appreciated...

"What you can do today,do it because tommorow is not guaranteed"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 PM

you definately need more driving experience. My cousins 93 hatch at full weight went a best of 9.49 at 79 on street tires and the only thing done was a h pipe with flowmasters
post #5 of 6 Old 11-05-2011, 05:46 PM

Trader Feedback: (74)
Shouldn't hurt as long as the car isn't trying to move...you can't launch on street tires..next time, drive around the water..don't get street tires wet...dont do a burnout either..just spin them around quick and clean them off...try to slip the clutch a little and feather the gas to keep from spinning...leave like you're going to pull away from a stoplight quickly, rpms just above idle, work the clutch and gas, then once you get moving, floor it

1987 Notch - N/A stock 302, TFS heads, Holley Systemax, FTI cam, Astro A5
Best so far: 10.92 @ 123mph with a 1.49 60ft
post #6 of 6 Old 11-05-2011, 06:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
I take this was at countyline or homestead, not the best track if you aren't a half decent driver. First, get some decent rubber, then you or someone knowledgeable with 5.0s do a tune up on the car and set the timing correctly. Then you can go ahead and get some practice launching and shifting before going to the track again. A good friend of mine had a 96 GTS, auto with x-pipe, exhaust and 3.73s and he ran 9.3 @ 76 at countyline multiple times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement