Finally made some hits this season (new suspension) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-13-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Finally made some hits this season (new suspension)

I previously had the std Eibach DL kit front and rear (cut a bit) and the lakewood 90/10's, stock rack w/cut lines-pump removed, comp eng 3 way adj rears, single adj uppers out back and completely stock lowers ) I know right? lol Anyway, I decided to put the car on a diet as well as to add some safety/stability so I bought Team Z's components.

I purchased the tubular K member, A-arms, coil overs, CC plates and his relocated upper control arm setup, lowers, and his Anti roll bar, as well as strange shocks and struts. Couple that with the local expenses, Tq box reinforcing, axle tubes straightened and welded, bought a diff cover finally, and finished up with a FR manual rack and I was pumped! (and broke lol) to see the difference. Shed about 75lbs to boot.

I obviously take into account that my best previous pass was last November and was in the low 50's for temps with who knows what DA? (I should write it down) but my first few hits with the new combo was nothing short of anti climatic. It was amazingly boring lol. Previously, no matter how much air I threw in the Eibach air bag, it would twist like a pretzel. The left front would come up 8-10" or more off the ground while the right never left it. Cool for a spectator I suppose but not what I wanted. Anyway.... long story short I've already ran a new best short time and ET (however so slightly at this point) but it was also hovering around 88-90* and miserably humid in my first outing this season. It left straight every pass and would pretty much drive itself down track. Definitely more controlled. I could have dumped the lower control arms, rear springs and just added the anti roll bar and made it a ton better but I figured I might as well make the entire suspension foundation better for the long haul.
The two other changes that I made that could skew the numbers is I removed the spoiler, and I also dropped my fuel jet in the plate from the recomended 82 to a 75 so the top end charge was a tad leaner and stronger, ie: the better MPH, see sig. I ended up with 19.5lbs of air in my Hoosiers and as you can tell its gonna take a bigger hit to rattle the tires. I'm stoked overall and can't wait to throw a bigger shot at it but I'm new to carbs so I'm taking small steps as to not hurt it.

I wish I had some good videos of the old but here are a couple of the new. You can hear a stumble at the hit in the night video but its the camaro in the other lane. Struts at 1 and shocks at 5

Best previous increments. best ever 1.372 short but ave'd 1.40-1.41, 4.025 330, 6.288 1/8, 9.92 1/4 (180 shot)
Best new increments (July heat) 1.369 short & a 1.38, 4.014 330, 6.233 1/8, 9.81 (180 shot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21hBu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I58ni...eature=related

Thanks for checking it out.

1995 Mustang GT:
Old Setup: 357 cid, Holley HP950, 200 shot, C4, 3.73's. Best ET: 9.75 @ 135 w/1.34 short on 275 60 15 MT DR's.

2012 Sold and taking a break from racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
nice I like kcir laid back nice place.oh ya good runs to.

big cox racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-13-2009, 09:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Nice runs. Beautiful car!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-13-2009, 09:48 PM

Blue Springs... Hi Neighbor Lees Summit here. What spring rates did you go with up front?

I am in the process of getting my ride back together after an 8 year lay off.

26x8.5 Racing.... Anything else is a Pro Mod Tire...
Scott Edwards
post #5 of 5 Old 07-13-2009, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks sprayed347.... I've been to St Louis several times for the old school WFC's etc but never took a car, just spectated.

Shakes88: Wish mine ran like yours N/A.... then spray the 180 to it LOL.

Heartbreaker: Hi neighbor... I bought the 14" 150 springs. So far so good I suppose. I picked the wrong time to try to enjoy some racing. Would have been much better in March-June. Just makes me look forward to fall weather and potentially a bigger shot.

1995 Mustang GT:
Old Setup: 357 cid, Holley HP950, 200 shot, C4, 3.73's. Best ET: 9.75 @ 135 w/1.34 short on 275 60 15 MT DR's.

2012 Sold and taking a break from racing

Last edited by RoysGray88; 07-13-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement