Anyone using this new Dynojet w/b setup??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

Trader Feedback: (16)
Anyone using this new Dynojet w/b setup???

http://www.dynojetwb2.com/

Having problems with my Innovate setup, and I hate the small display... this thing looks pretty sweet with the optional LCD touch screen, and you can record right to an SD card which means you don't need a laptop. Looks like it also monitors a/f in relation to rpm, where the Innovate setup makes you use the RPM Converter cable, which I've heard is a royal pita.

2003 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 07-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Trader Feedback: (192)
Can't help Jeff...but i can tell you that I really like the Zeitronix. You don't need any "rpm converters" or anything. You can datalog like 6 or 7 inputs (map, tps, rpm, etc...)
BUT, you do need a laptop.

That idea with the SD card is cool in that Dynojet!

1984 GT, 363 -RHS215 heads & Super Vic intake by MCRP, FTI cam, Carbureted, Glide, 4.30's, pump gas, street legal, N/A
Bests:1.35 60' / 6.21 /9.76 and 138.8 mph.
Thanks MCRP, UCC, FTI, Sepanek, Braswell, Racecraft, and Team Z
post #3 of 28 Old 07-09-2009, 12:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Jeff, have a look at the FJO Racing stuff. I just picked up the wideband/data logger last night. It can be done without a laptop in the car but you need a laptop to view the data.

Ian
1988 Mustang GT - 422w/IS plate
[email protected] (1.26 60ft) best 1/4 mile
[email protected] (1.31 60ft on the back tires) best 1/8 mile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 07-09-2009, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

I have a laptop, but I like the fact that this Dynojet setup used an SD card, and the little touch screen setup looks sweet. I might not give up on my Innovate just yet. We'll see.

2003 Mustang GT
post #5 of 28 Old 07-12-2009, 06:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Yeah, my innovate reads 1 whole point richer than my tuners dyno....very annoying. I would also be willing to try the dynojet one. Not sure where I'd mount the LCD screen.

My old car:
1985 GT with T-tops. Sportsman based 342, AFR 205's into a Vic Jr. and a C&S Billet Aerosol 800 carb fed by a Novi 2K, MSD Digital 7531. Street tune is 582rwhp at 6500rpm . Tube K-member and arms. Built 8.8 with 9 inch ends. Cage and chassis work by DMC Racing. Tuning by SD Concepts.
post #6 of 28 Old 07-12-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackstang View Post
Yeah, my innovate reads 1 whole point richer than my tuners dyno....very annoying. I would also be willing to try the dynojet one. Not sure where I'd mount the LCD screen.
From what I've seen mine is pretty damn close to the dyno I was at last year... I just don't like the tiny-ass screen anymore, too hard to see at speed... and I like the one wire rpm hookup and SD card on this Dyno jet setup.

2003 Mustang GT
post #7 of 28 Old 07-12-2009, 09:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Have you thought about the XD-16 guage?
Luke

'94 F350 Crewcab dually 7.3 Turbo (Not Powerstroke) Deisel CLEAN
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'89 Ranger 2.3 5spd Work Truck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 28 Old 07-12-2009, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotordder_101 View Post
Have you thought about the XD-16 guage?
Luke
Meh, sort of... I don't like the way the LM-1 records rpm, I've heard their RPM Converter cable is a pain to use, and again, mine won't let me download logs from the unit, so I might give up on it altogether, I'm not sure yet.

2003 Mustang GT
post #9 of 28 Old 07-12-2009, 11:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Are you injected? I assumed you were therefore I also thought that you were tuning using a twEECer or the sort. There I go making an [email protected]* out of myself by assuming. Anway my brother has an LM-1 and an Aux Box. He likes it and it does what he wants. Took him a little time to get it to run right on his computer but I don't think he read the instructions.

'94 F350 Crewcab dually 7.3 Turbo (Not Powerstroke) Deisel CLEAN

'89 Ranger 2.3 5spd Work Truck
post #10 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 03:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
I do have the XD-16 guage. Its not a bad setup, just a pain in the arse that it reads so diff from the dyno. Also, there is a lot to it, cables, boxes ext. The dyno jet ones seems to be better organised.

My old car:
1985 GT with T-tops. Sportsman based 342, AFR 205's into a Vic Jr. and a C&S Billet Aerosol 800 carb fed by a Novi 2K, MSD Digital 7531. Street tune is 582rwhp at 6500rpm . Tube K-member and arms. Built 8.8 with 9 inch ends. Cage and chassis work by DMC Racing. Tuning by SD Concepts.
post #11 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 08:44 AM

Jeff, check out the FJO stuff. http://www.fjoracing.com they have a programmable gauge, I have one. I tried mine out this weekend and I can't believe I went all those years without it.

Let me know if you want to see a test file

Ian
post #12 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 09:51 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Looks cool...although really you are paying a LOT for that LCD screen more than anything. I would still prefer a separate gauge for quick visual reference over an LCD screen.

Regardless, the lm-1 is a thing of the past...and the lm-2 also utilizes a larger LCD screen (not touch) with playback capabilities and recordable to an SD card. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm2.php

Just some food for thought...as it's quite a bit cheaper and likely able to directly plug in via. the serial port on your xd-16 gauge.

Also, if your tuner didn't ground the sensor in the same location as your lc-1...that could account for the large difference in AFR. If they located the sensor in the tailpipe…that too could account for some differences.

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
post #13 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 11:23 AM

btw, touch screens are usually a pain the royal ass with fire gloves on. Keep that in mind

Ian
post #14 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk88GT View Post
btw, touch screens are usually a pain the royal ass with fire gloves on. Keep that in mind
You don't use the touch screen to start recording AFAIK... that FJO setup doesn't show any sort of handheld or screen or anything??? How do you monitor a/f in real-time??? We have touch screens on our machines at work and I have no issues with them using Mechanix gloves.

2003 Mustang GT
post #15 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 11:43 AM

Jeff, theres a 2 1/16 gauge that mounts on the dash. I'll get some pictures tonight, their site doesn't seem to have them up there. At least not the new one I have

I have to hit the record button before I make a pass (at least that's how I do it!), so the laptop works great.
post #16 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk88GT View Post
Jeff, theres a 2 1/16 gauge that mounts on the dash. I'll get some pictures tonight, their site doesn't seem to have them up there. At least not the new one I have

I have to hit the record button before I make a pass (at least that's how I do it!), so the laptop works great.
Meh, I don't like the idea of having to use the laptop to record to.

2003 Mustang GT
post #17 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifter View Post
Can't help Jeff...but i can tell you that I really like the Zeitronix. You don't need any "rpm converters" or anything. You can datalog like 6 or 7 inputs (map, tps, rpm, etc...)
BUT, you do need a laptop.

That idea with the SD card is cool in that Dynojet!
X2, the laptop is a bit of a pain but all the info you get and then can graph is pretty good.

88 LX, 69 410W , AFR ??/70mm T.B., FTI cam, 3.55's, BBK 1 3/4" L.T, Edel 351W Victor intake, ???mm maf, 60 lbs. injectors,MSD, chipped Vortech T trim making 16 psi, MAFtuner, PA AOD - Lentech VB-5000 non-lockup, Mr. Freeze.
Old best 1/4-11.056 @ 123.62 mph Spinning real bad! Old setup
post #18 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

I hear you Lou... but I still like this nice big easy to read display that comes with the Dynojet kit... I want something I can look at quickly going downtrack, not necessarily wait until I get back to the pits and look at after the fact... by then it might be too late.

2003 Mustang GT
post #19 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO MANRZ View Post
I hear you Lou... but I still like this nice big easy to read display that comes with the Dynojet kit... I want something I can look at quickly going downtrack, not necessarily wait until I get back to the pits and look at after the fact... by then it might be too late.
That's what your gauge is for.
post #20 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
That's what your gauge is for.
Which gauge, the x-16???

2003 Mustang GT
post #21 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Which gauge, the x-16???
Yeah, any gauge that is seperate from the controller. When you glance up to get an AFR reading, you want to see JUST the number or perhaps a color...not a bunch of cool looking graphics. The quicker you can get your eyes and senses back on racing...the better. How #### would that be if someone had a HUD setup for all of your vitals?
post #22 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

Yeah, maybe... but I have my LM-1 right next to my tach, which is nice, I'd hate to have to put the x-16 on the a-pillar way over there... I dunno, I still can't download from my lm-1 which is the main issue right now, and I'd still have to download to a laptop, which is a pita... I just want someone to talk me into the Dynojet setup.

2003 Mustang GT
post #23 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

Quote:
Yeah, any gauge that is seperate from the controller. When you glance up to get an AFR reading, you want to see JUST the number or perhaps a color...not a bunch of cool looking graphics. The quicker you can get your eyes and senses back on racing...the better. How #### would that be if someone had a HUD setup for all of your vitals?
Plus there is still the issue of me wanting to correlate a/f with engine rpm, and it's a pita with the Innovate and that RPM Converter cable.

2003 Mustang GT
post #24 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah, maybe... but I have my LM-1 right next to my tach, which is nice, I'd hate to have to put the x-16 on the a-pillar way over there... I dunno, I still can't download from my lm-1 which is the main issue right now, and I'd still have to download to a laptop, which is a pita... I just want someone to talk me into the Dynojet setup.
Dude, if you want it...buy it!

Just a heads up though, the a-pillar is directly in your peripheral...and as such is likely the quickest for you to glance at when looking down the track. You should be using a shift light (again, seen through your peripheral) rather than staring down at the tach.

You don't have to go with an xd-16 either, but any ordinary digital afr gauge will do just fine. Hell, you can even wire one of the analog out's to a 0-5v input $20 lcd screen seen on e-bay and tape it somewhere convenient.
post #25 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Plus there is still the issue of me wanting to correlate a/f with engine rpm, and it's a pita with the Innovate and that RPM Converter cable.
Have you tried innovatives forums? I've heard the datalogging software with the innovative setup is excellent, so why not just figure out the rpm issue first?
post #26 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

Quote:
Have you tried innovatives forums? I've heard the datalogging software with the innovative setup is excellent, so why not just figure out the rpm issue first?
I e-mailed Innovate tech support and he told me that the data inside the lm-1 was corrputed, and to erase it (which I didn't want to do, I had 2 passes in there that I logged)... erased it, made a new log just driving on the street... same thing... "download failed"... I'm ready to toss it.

2003 Mustang GT
post #27 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I e-mailed Innovate tech support and he told me that the data inside the lm-1 was corrputed, and to erase it (which I didn't want to do, I had 2 passes in there that I logged)... erased it, made a new log just driving on the street... same thing... "download failed"... I'm ready to toss it.
Have you tried searching on their forums? http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...isplay.php?f=4

Here is a thread strickingly similar to your issues.... http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...hlight=corrupt
post #28 of 28 Old 07-13-2009, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Corral Charter Member

Quote:
Have you tried searching on their forums? http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...isplay.php?f=4

Here is a thread strickingly similar to your issues.... http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...hlight=corrupt
Not really the same problem... that guy's lm-1 reads something different that what the dyno reads. Mine is pretty damn close. My problem is that I can record data, but I can't get it onto the laptop, I've tried 2 different cables and I get the same problem. So I am thinking something is wrong with the lm-1 itself. And if I need to send it back, I don't want the hassle, I just want a better setup.

2003 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement