Ford Mustang Forums banner

times with drag radials and gears

703 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  badloser 
#1 ·
does anyone that run drag radials. do any upgrades on the rear end like gears and axles and can you post times

#2 ·
I've seen stock axles hold up fine with slicks, but I've also seen them snap on the first launch.. It would be good to have higher gears to go with drag radials so it doesn't just bog the car down when you launch.

My non PI 4.6 with bolt ons pulled a 1.69 60' on motor dumping the clutch at 5500 with drag radials, 4.10s, and Moser 28 spline axles.

#3 ·
Drag radials are actually harder on axles then slicks. Reason- slicks are usually soft walled and crinkle at launch giving a little relief from the torque. Drag radials (when they hook) dont usually crinkle beacause they are a radial tire, so all of the torque is directed to the axles/drivetrain.

#4 · (Edited)
My lil brother 91 mustang gt with a 347 with a trick flow top end kit went 7.55et@89.39mph with 1.58* 60ft on 275/50/15 drag radial all motor with only soild uca & lca 4.10 gear footing braking @ 2200rpm shift @ 5100.

p.s Mosers 33-spline axles full spool.

#7 ·
It dosn't make a diff how much $$ you spend on the suspension it is still going to shake the tires a few times before you get it figured out. Radials are very hard on parts buy the best rearend stuff you can get. Been there done it.

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.