need help with auburn differential - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-04-2008, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
need help with auburn differential

so i bought the regular traction lock rebuild kit, not knowing that i have the auburn pro differential.

this is the the
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

i can't find any rebuild kits for it or anything, and its doing a one wheel peel on slicks.

any help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-04-2008, 09:34 PM

Trader Feedback: (57)
yes.

get rid of the auburn..

post #3 of 7 Old 10-04-2008, 10:18 PM

I had an Auburn Pro in my 502 powered Chvey truck 12 bolt.I broke the spiders.I called Auburn and they said they don't offer any rebuild parts because they believe that if it needs to be rebuilt it needs to be replaced.They do however offer a rebuild service if it's less than so many years old(I don't remember how many).Best thing to do is get rid of it and don't buy Auburn [email protected]#t. Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-05-2008, 10:02 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Have you gone to the Auburn website? I know they had an exchange program previously. Not a rebuild. http://www.auburngear.com/aftermarket/d-rex.aspx

Also, try flushing the differential with mineral spirits or another solvent. Read & follow Auburn's directions for lube, NO synthetics! That tightened up my Auburn & did away with the one wheel peal. Look at page 2 of the LSD Installation manual.
http://www.auburngear.com/aftermarke...6pagesize%3d20

Mark

Last edited by M. Lowry; 10-05-2008 at 10:06 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-05-2008, 12:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I had an Auburn Pro and after three passes behind my 408, it broke seven or more teeth off the spider gears. This is what I did and what I would do if I were you...do the exchange program, for like a hundred bucks, they will replace your unit for a new one. You have to have a validation code or some **** before sending it in. Once you get the new one, sell it to someone and buy a spool. They are lighter (free HP) and won't break. You just shouldn't drive it in the rain... I have before, when I was caught in an afternoon thunderstorm in Florida, and the races were cancelled. You just have to be extremely cautious around turns when the roads are wet. If it's a daily driver, get a Detroit Locker. I personally don't have any experience with them, but I have heard good things about them other than the fact that they may be noisey around turns. James
post #6 of 7 Old 10-05-2008, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys!
post #7 of 7 Old 10-05-2008, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Lowry View Post
Also, try flushing the differential with mineral spirits or another solvent. Read & follow Auburn's directions for lube, NO synthetics! That tightened up my Auburn & did away with the one wheel peal. Look at page 2 of the LSD Installation manual.
http://www.auburngear.com/aftermarke...6pagesize%3d20

Mark
did you use any friction additive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement