Went to the track last night and sucked! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 09-28-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Went to the track last night and sucked!

I went to the track last night, it was the local tracks last midnight mania thing. It was only my second time at the track with my stang. I dont know why but for some reason they had the tree set for instant green, which sucked and I need some more practice too.

Here are some of my times

R/T - 1.009
60' - 2.588
330 - 6.538
1/8 - 9.660
MPH - 79.28
1000 - 12.293
1/4 - 14.478
MPH - 104.15

R/T - .995
60' - 2.497
330 - 6.464
1/8 - 9.588
MPH - 79.04
1000 - 12.232
1/4 - 14.425
MPH - 103.12

R/T - .692
60' - 2.207
330 - 6.476
1/8 - 9.675
MPH - 77.45
1000 - 12.355
1/4 - 14.567
MPH - 102.46

I had no traction all night, I was running 235/60/15 BFG Radial T/As.

As soon as I get some cash Im going to get some 275/60/15 Nitto Drag Radials


1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 Old 09-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered User
 
frankstang's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (115)
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 6,669
Holy Toledo, I was expecting a minor bolt on N/A combo and the first word I see in your sig is Vortech.
What did it run the first time you went?
I'd figure a completely stock motor with 5psi of boost should net low 13's high 12's. With your mods I'd figure a bit quicker, maybe low 12's. Are you sure traction is your only problem? You're a good 2 1/2 seconds off where you should be.

frankstang is offline  
post #3 of 33 Old 09-28-2008, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankstang View Post
Holy Toledo, I was expecting a minor bolt on N/A combo and the first word I see in your sig is Vortech.
What did it run the first time you went?
I'd figure a completely stock motor with 5psi of boost should net low 13's high 12's. With your mods I'd figure a bit quicker, maybe low 12's. Are you sure traction is your only problem? You're a good 2 1/2 seconds off where you should be.
Yeah I know I sucked its only my second time at the strip with my stang and a stick. The first time i went to the track my best was a 13.5 a cant remember the mph but I was also spinning bad that run too. I know my car can run mid to low 12 the guy who owned it before my ran low 12s with slicks on it. One of the reasons I think it was so bad is because it was a street car type thing at the track, so it wasn't prepped very well, because the first time I went was to a test and tune which was prepped better because I didnt spin near as much as I did last night.

There is another test and tune this next weekend that I'm going to try and go to and hopefully run some better times! Practice practice practice I think will help me alot.

1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 33 Old 09-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (20)
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bridgeton, NJ
Posts: 799
First of all, put some sticky tires on that car ASAP. Also, have you had the car dynoed because your traps also seem very low. I would think you should easily trap 110mph if not better with that combo depending on how much power your making. Where do you shift it at?

1995 Mustang GT Coupe
333" SBF | Vortech YSI | AOD | Holley EFI
1.24 60' | [email protected] | [email protected]
95StangRC is offline  
post #5 of 33 Old 09-29-2008, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95StangRC View Post
First of all, put some sticky tires on that car ASAP. Also, have you had the car dynoed because your traps also seem very low. I would think you should easily trap 110mph if not better with that combo depending on how much power your making. Where do you shift it at?
I shift at around 6000rpm

1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
post #6 of 33 Old 09-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Registered User
 
Len Schmidt's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Wingham,On.Canada
Posts: 2,481
Try shifting it around 5600 - 5700 rpm, with your setup I think that would work better.
Len

88 LX, 69 410W , AFR ??/70mm T.B., FTI cam, 3.55's, BBK 1 3/4" L.T, Edel 351W Victor intake, ???mm maf, 60 lbs. injectors,MSD, chipped Vortech T trim making 16 psi, MAFtuner, PA AOD - Lentech VB-5000 non-lockup, Mr. Freeze.
Old best 1/4-11.056 @ 123.62 mph Spinning real bad! Old setup
Len Schmidt is offline  
post #7 of 33 Old 09-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (20)
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bridgeton, NJ
Posts: 799
I agree.....experiment with different shift points. I personally think that 6000rpms might be a bit high for a stock E7 headed car. Try around 5500rpms or so and see if that works and just play with it from there to find the right spot.

1995 Mustang GT Coupe
333" SBF | Vortech YSI | AOD | Holley EFI
1.24 60' | [email protected] | [email protected]
95StangRC is offline  
post #8 of 33 Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Registered User
 
mmb617's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Altoona, PA
Posts: 270
I'd think your trap speed is enough to run low 13's with traction.

Still something is wrong because you should be faster than that.

OFR - old fart racing

We're not fast racers. In fact folks call us half fast racers. At least I think that's what they're saying.
mmb617 is offline  
post #9 of 33 Old 09-29-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Ok, Ill try shifting around 5500 - 5700 and see what happens

My cars also running rich, could that have something do with my slow times?
When I would let off or just cruising it smelled alittle like gas. So I took a look at my vacuum line going to my fpr and it smelled like gas, so I think I have a torn diaphram in my reg. Im pretty sure its still the stock one too!
So today I ordered a new Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and some other misc stuff from summit. (plugs and wires)

Thanks Todd

1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ

Last edited by ike34; 09-29-2008 at 10:15 PM.
ike34 is offline  
post #10 of 33 Old 09-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered User
 
Len Schmidt's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Wingham,On.Canada
Posts: 2,481
What is your timing at? I'm thinking you could use more.


88 LX, 69 410W , AFR ??/70mm T.B., FTI cam, 3.55's, BBK 1 3/4" L.T, Edel 351W Victor intake, ???mm maf, 60 lbs. injectors,MSD, chipped Vortech T trim making 16 psi, MAFtuner, PA AOD - Lentech VB-5000 non-lockup, Mr. Freeze.
Old best 1/4-11.056 @ 123.62 mph Spinning real bad! Old setup
Len Schmidt is offline  
post #11 of 33 Old 09-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Registered User
 
90Notch302's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (14)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fall River, MA
Posts: 1,096
Stay away from those nittos man... If you want drag radials go with mickey thompson's for the street. Or just go with some 26x8.5 slicks. That'll solve your spinning for sure.

Tremec 3550, Spec stage 2,Alm. Driveshaft, SteedaTri-Ax, 3.73's,65mmTB, adjustable FPR, BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe w/o cats, Edelbrock exhaust,e-fan, 50/50 and 70/30 lakewoods, LCA's, Eibach drag launch,GT40upper/lower, GT40 heads, 1.7 RR's, 75mm Mass-Air, 24lb's.263hp 306ft/lb
90Notch302 is offline  
post #12 of 33 Old 09-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (6)
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Posts: 460
Hmmm.....Got a buddy w/ almost the same set up as you except he has got 3.90's instead of 4.10's.

During a track rental day he ran 11.9x's 19 times. He had slicks also.

I had to add the 19 times coz I thought it was funny. Like the Energizer bunny, keeps going and going and going......
forbanger is offline  
post #13 of 33 Old 09-30-2008, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Notch302 View Post
Stay away from those nittos man... If you want drag radials go with mickey thompson's for the street. Or just go with some 26x8.5 slicks. That'll solve your spinning for sure.
Why stay away from nittos? Just wondering, I have just been looking a nittos because they are the cheapest ($136) and Ive heard they hook pretty well and dont wear to fast on the street. Then bfg is the mid price ($157) and then M/T is the most ($170).

How fast do the second 2 wear on the street?

Is there any modifications needed to fit a 275/60/15 on my stang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Schmidt View Post
What is your timing at? I'm thinking you could use more.
Im pretty sure my set at 10 degrees before TDC, Ill see if I can borrow my friends timimg light this weekend, what should I try setting to?

1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
post #14 of 33 Old 09-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Registered User
 
WhiteLX's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,626
how were you launching? What was the psi in the tires and how did you do the burnout? Is the diff in good shape or are you spinning one tire? You should be able to cut way better 60fts with the tire you currently have.

1992 5.0 coupe - TTI single turbo
1986 Merkur XR4Ti - 2.3L turbo
WhiteLX is offline  
post #15 of 33 Old 10-01-2008, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLX View Post
how were you launching? What was the psi in the tires and how did you do the burnout? Is the diff in good shape or are you spinning one tire? You should be able to cut way better 60fts with the tire you currently have.
I was launching off idle, most of the time, but I also tried different rpms up to around 2000rpm. Usually when I would launch close to 2000 I would spin. I started around 25psi, and ended up at 18psi when the night was over after I tried lower pressure to see if it would help me. I just did a little burnout just until I saw smoke coming off my tires.

1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
post #16 of 33 Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Registered User
 
ceetwarrior's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (15)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 585
Yeah dude, screw those nitto's. I had the 555R II "Extremes" and I couldn't even get them to hook worth a crap in 1st gear. 2nd gear they'd hook fine.

Gotta get some Mickey's and get done with it. =)
ceetwarrior is offline  
post #17 of 33 Old 10-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Registered User
 
WhiteLX's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike34 View Post
I was launching off idle, most of the time, but I also tried different rpms up to around 2000rpm. Usually when I would launch close to 2000 I would spin. I started around 25psi, and ended up at 18psi when the night was over after I tried lower pressure to see if it would help me. I just did a little burnout just until I saw smoke coming off my tires.
there's the problem. You need to run them at lower pressures. Next time start at 15psi. You may need to go lower. Do a good smokey burnout in 2nd gear. 1st gear doesn't get enough wheel speed to heat the tires well. Once you start to see smoke, count for 5 seconds then let off the brake and hold the throttle steady until the tires grab. As soon as the tires grab, let of the throttle and hit the clutch and brake. Go right up to the line, no dry hops.

launch RPM will take some work, but try 3000rpm and quickly releasing the clutch. Don't dump it, but don't slip the #### out of it either. You may have to go lower on the RPM or you may be able to go higher. A lot of it depends on the track prep.

I was cutting 1.8x 60fts the first time out on 275/40R17 Nitto drag radials. Not the best 60fts, but it was the first time I had ever used them. I could have launched harder, but I was eliminated from competition on my 3rd pass. Still, you ought to be able to get at least 2.0 60fts out of those tires.

If they have the tree set to a pro tree again, don't worry about leaving right when the light goes green. It's not going to effect your ET or MPH. Just concentrate on your launch.

1992 5.0 coupe - TTI single turbo
1986 Merkur XR4Ti - 2.3L turbo

Last edited by WhiteLX; 10-01-2008 at 02:50 AM.
WhiteLX is offline  
post #18 of 33 Old 10-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered User
 
Len Schmidt's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Wingham,On.Canada
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike34 View Post


Im pretty sure my set at 10 degrees before TDC, Ill see if I can borrow my friends timimg light this weekend, what should I try setting to?
Wow, timing is pretty low. I'd start at 16 at least, then move it up, I ran 22 degrees on my stock motor. Last time at the track I picked up 4 mph bumping my timing up from 12 to 18 and dropped 3 tenths.
Len

88 LX, 69 410W , AFR ??/70mm T.B., FTI cam, 3.55's, BBK 1 3/4" L.T, Edel 351W Victor intake, ???mm maf, 60 lbs. injectors,MSD, chipped Vortech T trim making 16 psi, MAFtuner, PA AOD - Lentech VB-5000 non-lockup, Mr. Freeze.
Old best 1/4-11.056 @ 123.62 mph Spinning real bad! Old setup
Len Schmidt is offline  
post #19 of 33 Old 10-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (6)
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 1,803
x2 on the loss of power.

79 through the 1/8 is pretty weak for that combo . . . but it did backhalf 25mph.

Put it on a dyno and at a minimum get a chip installed. I would go for a PMS but to each their own and there are quite a few opinions on that.
streetfalcon is offline  
post #20 of 33 Old 10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered User
 
sukkoi18's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (23)
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Quad Cities IL/IA
Posts: 2,740
If your game for a drive Cordova has the Buick Olds Pontiac event this Saturday. We will be there with our project Coupe if you want to come. You can toss by Drag-lites on your car with 26/10.5 ET streets. Track shoud be awsome as well.

~Performance White 2013 GT M6
sukkoi18 is offline  
post #21 of 33 Old 10-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered User
 
90Notch302's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (14)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fall River, MA
Posts: 1,096
Ike: Definitly forget the Nittos... Had 3 friend's of mine with them on and they could never hook. Just my opinion man. MT's are the best on the market in my experience.

Tremec 3550, Spec stage 2,Alm. Driveshaft, SteedaTri-Ax, 3.73's,65mmTB, adjustable FPR, BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe w/o cats, Edelbrock exhaust,e-fan, 50/50 and 70/30 lakewoods, LCA's, Eibach drag launch,GT40upper/lower, GT40 heads, 1.7 RR's, 75mm Mass-Air, 24lb's.263hp 306ft/lb
90Notch302 is offline  
post #22 of 33 Old 10-01-2008, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLX View Post
there's the problem. You need to run them at lower pressures. Next time start at 15psi. You may need to go lower. Do a good smokey burnout in 2nd gear. 1st gear doesn't get enough wheel speed to heat the tires well. Once you start to see smoke, count for 5 seconds then let off the brake and hold the throttle steady until the tires grab. As soon as the tires grab, let of the throttle and hit the clutch and brake. Go right up to the line, no dry hops.

launch RPM will take some work, but try 3000rpm and quickly releasing the clutch. Don't dump it, but don't slip the #### out of it either. You may have to go lower on the RPM or you may be able to go higher. A lot of it depends on the track prep.

I was cutting 1.8x 60fts the first time out on 275/40R17 Nitto drag radials. Not the best 60fts, but it was the first time I had ever used them. I could have launched harder, but I was eliminated from competition on my 3rd pass. Still, you ought to be able to get at least 2.0 60fts out of those tires.

If they have the tree set to a pro tree again, don't worry about leaving right when the light goes green. It's not going to effect your ET or MPH. Just concentrate on your launch.
Ill try those the next time I go to the track. The tree wasnt even pro tree it was an instant green no yellows, it just randomly turned green, it was really weird. The next time Ill got to the track will be a test and tune so it should be regular tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Schmidt View Post
Wow, timing is pretty low. I'd start at 16 at least, then move it up, I ran 22 degrees on my stock motor. Last time at the track I picked up 4 mph bumping my timing up from 12 to 18 and dropped 3 tenths.
Len
I can go that high safely without any risk of detonation? On pump gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukkoi18 View Post
If your game for a drive Cordova has the Buick Olds Pontiac event this Saturday. We will be there with our project Coupe if you want to come. You can toss by Drag-lites on your car with 26/10.5 ET streets. Track shoud be awsome as well.
I would like to go there, but I graduate from UTI in Chicago this weekend, and also my car is back in Waterloo, IA

1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
post #23 of 33 Old 10-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Registered User
 
sukkoi18's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (23)
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Quad Cities IL/IA
Posts: 2,740
My bad its next weekend. October 11th.

~Performance White 2013 GT M6
sukkoi18 is offline  
post #24 of 33 Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Registered User
 
Len Schmidt's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Wingham,On.Canada
Posts: 2,481
Oh for sure, you maybe able to go up to 20 - 24, I have. Your leaving a lot on the plate at 10. I run 16 on pump gas and 18 at the track now and that's with 15 psi from the blower. Every car seems different so that's why I say start at 16 and work up.
Len

88 LX, 69 410W , AFR ??/70mm T.B., FTI cam, 3.55's, BBK 1 3/4" L.T, Edel 351W Victor intake, ???mm maf, 60 lbs. injectors,MSD, chipped Vortech T trim making 16 psi, MAFtuner, PA AOD - Lentech VB-5000 non-lockup, Mr. Freeze.
Old best 1/4-11.056 @ 123.62 mph Spinning real bad! Old setup
Len Schmidt is offline  
post #25 of 33 Old 10-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Registered User
 
sukkoi18's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (23)
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Quad Cities IL/IA
Posts: 2,740
Well with the timing you have to figure that the stock computer is going spin out 16 degrees on top of initial. At 16* initial timing your at 32* total. I would say that it rather excessive for even 5#s of boost. Where you have it now at 10* is going to net you 26* total which I think is a pretty good place to be for only pump gas.

Now if you have a BTM box you can set initial higher and pull timing as needed. Personally I would pull your spout and lock your timing at about 23-24* and move it up or down from there. Not the best for low RPM response on the street but that not really and issue at the track.

~Performance White 2013 GT M6
sukkoi18 is offline  
post #26 of 33 Old 10-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered User
 
Len Schmidt's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Wingham,On.Canada
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukkoi18 View Post
Well with the timing you have to figure that the stock computer is going spin out 16 degrees on top of initial. At 16* initial timing your at 32* total. I would say that it rather excessive for even 5#s of boost. Where you have it now at 10* is going to net you 26* total which I think is a pretty good place to be for only pump gas.

Now if you have a BTM box you can set initial higher and pull timing as needed. Personally I would pull your spout and lock your timing at about 23-24* and move it up or down from there. Not the best for low RPM response on the street but that not really and issue at the track.
Oh, me bad. I didn't see he has a blower. I'd just start at 12 base and work up then. Or you can do as sukkoi18 says, may work best.

88 LX, 69 410W , AFR ??/70mm T.B., FTI cam, 3.55's, BBK 1 3/4" L.T, Edel 351W Victor intake, ???mm maf, 60 lbs. injectors,MSD, chipped Vortech T trim making 16 psi, MAFtuner, PA AOD - Lentech VB-5000 non-lockup, Mr. Freeze.
Old best 1/4-11.056 @ 123.62 mph Spinning real bad! Old setup
Len Schmidt is offline  
post #27 of 33 Old 10-03-2008, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Thanks for your help guys, I try some different things the next time I go to the track and see what happens.

I got my fuel pressure regulator, Taylor wires and NGK plugs today, I will be installing them tomorrow so hopefully my stang's rich situation will disappear

1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
post #28 of 33 Old 10-03-2008, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
What should I set my base fuel pressure to without the vacuum line attached?

1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
post #29 of 33 Old 10-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Registered User
 
sukkoi18's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (23)
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Quad Cities IL/IA
Posts: 2,740
41-42# somewhere in there. If you can try to show up on Sunday the 11th I'll help you out.

~Performance White 2013 GT M6
sukkoi18 is offline  
post #30 of 33 Old 10-04-2008, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukkoi18 View Post
41-42# somewhere in there. If you can try to show up on Sunday the 11th I'll help you out.

Ok thanks, I dont know if I can make it, Id like to go but I probably wont be able to.

1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
post #31 of 33 Old 10-04-2008, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Soon to be installed parts


1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
post #32 of 33 Old 10-05-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ike34's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 648
Installed my plugs wires and regulator, it runs a lot better and smoother. I also found something else that was hurting me besides my regulator, #3 cylinder spark plug wasn't firing, the plug ground electrode (previous owner had e3 plugs in it) was all rusty and I looked at the plug wire and there was a tiny crack by the boot, so I think I was only running on 7 cylinders.

1989 LX, 347, Si-Trim 9PSI, RAP E7s, Vortech Intake, AFM B451

Bob Kurgan Tuned 472HP & 500TQ
ike34 is offline  
post #33 of 33 Old 10-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered User
 
Len Schmidt's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Wingham,On.Canada
Posts: 2,481
Well that will be a full second slower with that.

88 LX, 69 410W , AFR ??/70mm T.B., FTI cam, 3.55's, BBK 1 3/4" L.T, Edel 351W Victor intake, ???mm maf, 60 lbs. injectors,MSD, chipped Vortech T trim making 16 psi, MAFtuner, PA AOD - Lentech VB-5000 non-lockup, Mr. Freeze.
Old best 1/4-11.056 @ 123.62 mph Spinning real bad! Old setup
Len Schmidt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome