Went to the track on Drag Radials. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-20-2008, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (6)
Went to the track on Drag Radials.

Went back to the track for some grudge racing with some buddies, drove the car over 40 miles there and 40 miles back. Got the track and first pass was a [email protected] with an awesome 2.09 sixty foot. Went back and took out 2 degrees of time and removed some air from the DR's.

Next pass out was not worth talking about as I can't drive a 5 speed for crap and missed second TWICE. Third pass I aired the drag radials down to 10 psi, going for broke. Came off the lights at 3500 slipping the clutch very quickly and matting the throttle, netted a [email protected] with a marginal 1.86 sixty foot.

Car felt like it was running great, track just would not hook. I tried to vary my burnout from a short one to a long one. The BFGs seem to like the longer ones for traction to be the best. All in all a good night, on the way home one of MAC produmps decided to come loose and start dragging the ground so I had to pull over yank it off and drive home with 1 muffler. Then to beat all the clutch started to slip. Before we left I had to change the thermostat because the old one was acting up.

New times coming soon.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-20-2008, 09:11 AM

Trader Feedback: (26)
Sounds like you had fun, up til the drive home . Those are decent times, you could do better with some practice and possibly suspension work. What do you have in there for suspension right now anyway?
SS

'86 GT T-Top - 5.0/T5 - in pieces.
'90 LX Vert - stock
'83 Cutlass Cruiser LS/LR4 swapped, TH350, 8.8 rear swap
post #3 of 7 Old 09-20-2008, 09:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88OrangeLX View Post
.....on the way home one of MAC produmps decided to come loose and start dragging the ground so I had to pull over yank it off and drive home with 1 muffler. Then to beat all the clutch started to slip. Before we left I had to change the thermostat because the old one was acting up.
Ya see, that is a TRUE street car! Race it, break it, fix it, then DRIVE IT BACK HOME!
Good Job!

KS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin Slaby
2002 GT 2V 902hp/820tq through the muffs.
http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-20-2008, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Driveline/suspension:
PA Performance Tubular K and A arms
Comp. Eng C/C plates and Coilovers w/ 110 lb springs
Strange 10 ways
Driveshaft loop
FRPP Aluminum shaft
TKO 500 tranny
4.10 FRPP gear
31 spline FRPP diff
31 spline Superior axles
MM subframes
Wild Rides Stang Box
UMI lower reinforcements
UPR Double Adj. Uppers
Baseline Susp. single adj lowers
2003 GT rear springs
Lakewood 50/50s

I need to learn how to tune my suspension, I will be ordering Kevins Uppers and an ARB for my coupe I am building.

Car hooked well out of the hole for about 20 feet and would spin like crazy, when I would shift second with my foot in it, it would spin I need to ditch the Lakewoods and get some Strange shocks. The rearend is crooked under the car, I think it is causing the uppers to bind and not letting the suspension work correctly. I will make sure its straight under my coupe. Too bad Kevin doesn't live in KY I would go to him and have him fix it.

Last edited by 88OrangeLX; 09-21-2008 at 08:47 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-20-2008, 05:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (26)
Well, you have to experiment with your driving techniques. I personally don't go WOT with radials (in a modded car) til the top of second but every car is different. I rarely get into WOT in second, but every car is set up different. It sounds like you've got a pretty good suspension in there, you just need to learn how to work with it. Get that rearend fixed and go from there.....
SS

'86 GT T-Top - 5.0/T5 - in pieces.
'90 LX Vert - stock
'83 Cutlass Cruiser LS/LR4 swapped, TH350, 8.8 rear swap
post #6 of 7 Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
put some mickeys on her already...............

88 notch...10.38 @ 130.17, 2001 ranger edge.......89 stock lx 13.51 @ 102...........I need a hooptie.......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-21-2008, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

I am in the process of building a coupe car, it will be minitubbed with a set of 28x12.50 ET Streets on the back of it.

I think my problem is in my suspension, I think its in a bind and not working correctly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement