C4 problems. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-13-2008, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (88)
C4 problems.

I bought a Redneck C4 back in March. It has bee flawless untill today. I took the car for a spin and ran it hard one full pass, brought in back to the house and put it in park to check a few thing. A few seconds after putting it in park I heard a strang metalic grinding sound from the bell housing area. I shut the car off and started to check converter bolts. They were tight. Well after checking a few other thing I pulled the trans. The converter seems to have some broken splines and the spilne on the large shaft, I beleive its the pump shaft are mangled up a bit. So did the pump lock up. what needs to be chec out at this piont? I knowI need a ne converter, but what about the trans.

Even just before all of this happend it was working very strong, It had plenty of fluid. So what do I do now. I know Its out of warranty but I would expect it to last a bit longer than this. I only has about 30 passes at the track since it was new and maybe 120 street miles.

Thanks for the input.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (23)
Im not a trans guru but you should contact Redneck for tech support.

post #3 of 11 Old 09-13-2008, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

I plan to do that on Monday morning. I dont expect much out of them because this thing is out of its warranty period, and I expect things to break. I just want to know what to do to fix it.

Thanks
Chirs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-13-2008, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Sorry double post.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-14-2008, 03:29 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I'm not a trans expert but it sounds like you may have some of those broken splines that worked there way into the pump. Are you running nos or blower/turbo on the car? maybe the converter could not handle it.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-14-2008, 09:13 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
i thought redneck warranties there trans for 2 years???
post #7 of 11 Old 09-14-2008, 09:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Nope, says 6 months on their ebay listings. It's barely out, seems like they'd work with you on it. Interested to here how it comes out, I've had good luck with their convertor so far, looking at buying one of their t-brakes. Keep us posted and good luck.

91 notch, 408W, 10.5 comp, Jay Allen cam, Crane linkbars, Scorpion rockers, vic jr intake/heads, Canton pan, Mac longtubes, C4, UPR adj. uppers/lowers, Strange struts/shocks, subframe connectors, wild rides 6pt, Team Z k-member/anti-roll bar, MSD ignition.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-15-2008, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

To be fair to them I looked at my original invoice and the setup is 11 mounths old now. I was mistaken thinking i got it in March. However I did olso count my time slips and this thing only has 37 passes and about 160 street miles since new. I called this morning and left a message, no return call yet though.

And The car is on motor not turbo or nitrous, simple set up, Stock short block, f cam, AFR 165 heads, Typhoon intake, 2975lb race weight. It has been 11.83 with this setup. This was on Foot brake, the trans brake has only been used 7-8 times. The trans it self has not given me any problems untill this.

Thanks again.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-16-2008, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Well I talked to them today and The results are good. Converter rebuilt or replaced witch ever is needed, for $125 and the pump replaced for $85. Pretty cheep since its out of its warrnty and they realy dont have to do anything. I`m satisfied.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-27-2008, 02:49 AM

Trader Feedback: (24)
Good to here as I have one of their trans/converter packages.

'91 Hatch- SBF,N20,glide NMCA
post #11 of 11 Old 09-28-2008, 12:02 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Don is a stand up guy and will take care of you.No other trans company has his level of customer service.when i step up to a t400 I will go back to redneck for the tranny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement