Question about MT Drag tires - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-06-2008, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Question about MT Drag tires

Iknow this has probably been beaten to death but I recently bought a set of weld prostar 15x10's and am loking for the best DOT for the strip. I want to run in the street legal class at the track.

I've been looking at the MT ET Streets. The website recommends putting tubes in them. I was wondering if I have to do that. I've read other racers that do not. You can see in my sig my setup.

In drag trim (SCT) I'm puttin down about 440rwhp and the 17" MT Drag radials just didn't seeem to cope hence the reason I bought the 15" welds.

Any info would help including size and breakin.

Thanks!

2003 Mustang GT-Torch Red, C&L Upper Plenum, BBK Ceramic LT's, Accufab 75mm TB, SCT XCAL2, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP Aluminum DS, Moser 31Splines, Detroit Locker, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, CenterForce Clutch, MGW Shifter, CC XE274 Cams/springs/retainers, ATI P1SC w/3-core IC, 10# pulley- 440rwhp/431rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-07-2008, 12:40 AM

All the guys I know that run an ET Street are not running tubes.

Each of these cars runs a 6.0 index class, and will run out the back in the 5.40-5.70 range. Again, with no tubes. (28X12.50 tire)

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
post #3 of 5 Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I've never run tubes in mine, and they have allways been fine. Had one once that would loose a few lbs of air every couple of days, but that was no problem

Have you thought about drag radials? They are nice if your track is well preped.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. -
Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-11-2008, 04:18 AM

Trader Feedback: (98)
If the car is a stick from the sig it looks like it is.

Don't get the radials. you will break some things before you get them to work somewhat correct.

Et streets will be your best bet

Tim

86 mustang
454 FTI LS3 Mast intake FTI hyd roller Holley EFI 275 MT Pump gas e85. 9.24 143.58 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21
HR Drag Week 2013 SS-BB-NA Winner
www.flowtechinduction.com
post #5 of 5 Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

I've ordered to MM adjustable LCA's so now my dilemma is to get the 26" or the 28" tire. I went to TNT last night at the local track and am going through the traps at 121mph on the rev limiter. I really like the 4.10's so I thought with the adjustable LCA's I could get 28" tires and jack it up to fit instead of changing my gear.

Thoughts? I also noticed online they recommend a 8" rim for 8x11.5 unlike the 26". They don't get to the 10" rim on a 28" tire until 12.5 wide.

2003 Mustang GT-Torch Red, C&L Upper Plenum, BBK Ceramic LT's, Accufab 75mm TB, SCT XCAL2, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP Aluminum DS, Moser 31Splines, Detroit Locker, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, CenterForce Clutch, MGW Shifter, CC XE274 Cams/springs/retainers, ATI P1SC w/3-core IC, 10# pulley- 440rwhp/431rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement