Back from NMRA/ford expo at National Trails - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-01-2008, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Back from NMRA/ford expo at National Trails

Talk about an F'd up race program, wow! Pretty dissapointed how they ran the whole thing, only got one test run on friday, and saturday instead of a full bracket program, they ran a "bonus or gamblers race" combining all the bracket classes. That wouldn't have been so bad, but I and most everyone else didn't find this out until they called us up to the lanes. Sunday went better and seemed to go a little smoother. I was in the B3 DOT tire and muffler class, made it to the 5th round (top 6 cars). Got beat fair and square, the other guy had a good light and I almost caught him at the end, but I would have broken out anyway. The car kept getting quicker all day long. I did run a personal best of an 11.26 @ 118.9mph with a 1.53 60ft. Although I'm shooting for consistency, I'm gonna get this mother into the 10's normally aspirated.

91 notch, 408W, 10.5 comp, Jay Allen cam, Crane linkbars, Scorpion rockers, vic jr intake/heads, Canton pan, Mac longtubes, C4, UPR adj. uppers/lowers, Strange struts/shocks, subframe connectors, wild rides 6pt, Team Z k-member/anti-roll bar, MSD ignition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-01-2008, 04:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
wow :/ but at least the track didnt fall off as the day went on

post #3 of 7 Old 09-02-2008, 09:47 AM

Trader Feedback: (17)
I really think they need to run less bracket classes at the NMRA events. It takes away from what everyone is there to see anyway...they want to see the heads up classes like Pro Outlaw, Super Street Outlaw, Renegade, Drag Radial, Real Street, etc.

X275 build in progress follow on Mustang Junkies.net

http://www.mustangjunkies.net/f9/project-dirty-red-444
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-02-2008, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
I understand that you may not understand the whole story behind this particular NMRA event at National trails. The Ford EXPO was around long long before the NMRA, it has always been a successful event with loads of participation in the racing, swap and car shows. For some reason it was decided to combine the NMRA event that had been held on a seperate weekend with the EXPO, bad decision. Trying to stuff 10# of sh$! into a 5# bag. The NMRA has somehow "taken over" the event and basically driven it into the ground in my opinion. Prices have gone up dramatically for participants and spectators, the swap meet has gone to crap, and the flow of the event has been at a snails pace. To much di#$ing around and nobody seems to know what's going on.

I like watching the NMRA racers, but it seems like they need to get their crap together. Too many classes with different names that have cars running close to the same ET's, and their car counts seem to be dwindling. I suspect that's from inner conflict and constant rule changing. With the number of cars they had, they could have ran their time trials friday, and been done with eliminations buy noon on saturday, especially if they had run into the evening on friday. They had the track closed down by 5:00pm friday, and not much later on saturday. I think they should and would like to see them split the events back up. Would you still go if they dropped your O/C bracket class?

91 notch, 408W, 10.5 comp, Jay Allen cam, Crane linkbars, Scorpion rockers, vic jr intake/heads, Canton pan, Mac longtubes, C4, UPR adj. uppers/lowers, Strange struts/shocks, subframe connectors, wild rides 6pt, Team Z k-member/anti-roll bar, MSD ignition.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-02-2008, 06:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
Well if they drop the O/C class they may have bigger issues at hand. That class has the biggest turnouts of all classes in NMRA.

NMRA needs to open up a bit and let some of the other guys in. Meaning in the top class change the rules to allow Lynch and some of those guys to come. That would increase car counts and attract more fans.

If they got rid of the O/C class i guess I would race in the RAM series in AMI/D but if I would still go and watch the event by me since I like to watch a lot of the classes above me.

As far as many of the classes running the same E.T...you are right they do but how they get those E.T's is a different story. Most people don't understand what's behind these little small blocks. They just see the E.T...nothing more. Not saying you are like this.

I agree though...NMRA needs to do something about car counts and the fan count. They are a sinking ship right now....somehow they need to fix it.

I just think with the amount of bracket cars that show up it sometimes takes away from the NMRA side of the event since so many show up. I've never been to the Columbus event I am only speaking on the events I go to. (Atco, Maplegrove) Maplegrove isn't part of the series anymore but I used to go there.

I want NMRA to succeed since the racers are a great bunch of guys and deserve a great place to race. I do know that a lot of other racing was going on this past weekend...10.5 event at Cecil, Indy...etc. That probably led to only seeing 3 cars in Pro Outlaw and not many fans.

X275 build in progress follow on Mustang Junkies.net

http://www.mustangjunkies.net/f9/project-dirty-red-444

Last edited by Thriller8; 09-02-2008 at 07:02 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-02-2008, 07:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (28)
The NMRA columbus event is screwed up. They need there seperate event. I am a fan of the NMRA and go to watch the NMRA cars not the bracket racing BS that I can watch at my local track.. NMRA car counts seem down at the columbus event every year because of the way they run the columbus event and the wait between bracket races. I was there on Sat. and was dissapointed in what I saw. I won't be coming back next year to this event.

91GT
8.90 @ 150 mph NA
1.22 60ft
post #7 of 7 Old 09-03-2008, 01:21 AM

Trader Feedback: (60)
Talking Columbus

I was a long time EXPO Vender, and racer. Over 20 years, back when it was held in two different places. Swap meet (Ricart Ford, New London(farmers special), Raceway Park(horse track), National Trail Raceway, Had to travel from swap meet @ those place to race @ National Trail, to race, It take all of us Bracket racers to help pay for the Bigger Purses that the Faster Bracket get. Almost all of the Faster cars probably ran a Slower Bracket car, before they got to where they are @ Now. In the Fast cars. I know that you probably have $40-80,000 in your cars and we only have $3000. to 12,000. but there use to be 350-475 slower bracket cars, use to be 450-600 cars to Race, and 160-200 vender, & 300-500 cars for sale and car show.Management(Crites) sold NMRA the controling rights to the Old EXPO show is what we were told 3 years ago for $50,000 the 1st year they took over. They made the swap spaces smaller, raised the vender fee (almost half) raised the racers entry fee, and Pissed a Lot of people off, and I am (1 )off them. I am now 51 years young, I have been a Loyal Ford, Racer, Vender, and Ford fan for over 30 years. I have owned of 30 Ford cars and trucks. I still have a 70 Mach 1 (428SCJ 41,000mi, 85 SVO 37,000mi,98 mustang 21,000, 78 merc Z-7 61,000 mi)I have not been back to the NMRA for 2 yrs and will not go back until thing change , for the better. NMRA & Crites in general pretty much Pissed away a Good thing for Ford racers, vender, Fans, Motels, Resturants, Business district in general for the Columbus area. Hope things Change for all the Ford Racers and Fans @ Columbus Next year. Guess I said my nickles worth: Thanks Corral for your Great web site> Thanks Doug : 85 SVO::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement