need opinions, another e.t. guess....... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-19-2008, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
need opinions, another e.t. guess.......

my brother is building a 347 for his car and i am wondering if i have a reason to be nervous. cars are about the same weight as are us. heres the combo's....

mine......

357, 11.1 compression, canfield 195's with a 5 angle, HUGE jay allen custom cam (.600), vic. jr, demon 750, msd ignition, tko, and 4.10's.

his.........

347, 10.92 compression, edelbrock performer rpm heads (170cc runnners), lunati cam 51025 (.535), weiand accelrator (i think he's looking for a vic jr), aed 650, 3550, 4.10's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-19-2008, 08:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Garage
Hmmm, his heads are quite a bit smaller and will be his downfall. If you both had the same heads, similar cam, and intake, that 347 would walk all over you. The smaller main journals and lighter weight crank of the 347 will allow for a free-er rev and more power. As is, it might be close, but I think you'll stay out on him.

Carl S.: 417", Yates C3s, Edelbrock 2828, Dominator, Powerglide, 4.10s, 3100 lbs raceweight. 1.27 60' [email protected] nitrous on 275/60 Mickeys in Ultra trim
2014 Ruby Red GT Auto, bone stock for now
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/carlrenee1/sigpic1-1.jpg
post #3 of 3 Old 08-19-2008, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
he's not planning on swapping his cam or his heads. i'm hoping to offset some of my weighty bottom end with a aluminum flywheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement