NEED HELP WITH CONTROL ARM ADJUSTMENTS - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-08-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (84)
Garage
NEED HELP WITH CONTROL ARM ADJUSTMENTS

i am debating on using rear adjustable upper and lower control arms. the question i have is is there a guide someone can point me int eh direction of to show how and what is needed to make the adjustments or would i just be better off having a shop do it for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (3)
starting lengths would be from center of the bolt hole-center of the bolt hole on the lowers to 17.5 inches. For the Upper start with 9 1/8 from center of bolt hole to center of the bolt hole.

btw- what are your intentions with the car? I can help you set up your pinion angle, depending on what type of control arms and bushings you are using.

Pat
UPR
561-588-6630
[email protected]

95 5.0 277rwhp/305rwtq
Intake, Heads, Exhaust, UPR suspension.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-08-2008, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (84)
Garage
its a daily driver and will see the track a few tims a year. the car they came off was a 02gt with kyb agx shocks and stock springs. i putting them on my 99 cobra with sra swap if i cant sell them first. i will be running H&R race springs. the control arms are upr adjustable. i wanna use the regular pro series non adjustables but i need to sell these first i also have the upr adjustable uppers as well

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-08-2008, 05:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Why do you want to go from the adjustables to non adjustables? With the adjustables you have room to grow later on meaning for whatever the car ends up being set up for then you can adjust the suspension to what you need it for.

1990gt
306,Novi 2000,C4.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-13-2008, 08:42 AM

I would stay with adjustables. You have a car that makes a decent amount of power and torque. The uppers will allow you to fine tune your pinion angle.

95 5.0 277rwhp/305rwtq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 AM

dupe

95 5.0 277rwhp/305rwtq

Last edited by [email protected]; 08-13-2008 at 09:09 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-14-2008, 05:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
I just bought the UPR upper adjustables and was told by friends to increase the length 1/8" to rotate the rear to launch harder. Is that ok?
post #8 of 8 Old 08-15-2008, 07:03 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder5.0 View Post
I just bought the UPR upper adjustables and was told by friends to increase the length 1/8" to rotate the rear to launch harder. Is that ok?
Couldn't tell you whether 1/8" is what you need or not. I assume you have stock lowers and that when you put the uppers in, you set them to the same length as the stock uppers?

You need to go to the hardware store and purchase a magnetic base angle finder. For a quick method you can use the support pieces on the rear end (the flat pieces that are almost like a triangle on each side of the differential) and you can use the drive shaft. You measure the angle on reach and if using poly bushings, bring the front of the diff down to get -3 degrees between the two. In other words, the rear points down a little and the driveshaft points up a little.

If you want to get a little more accurate, you can remove the driveshaft from the rear and use the driveshaft mounting point on the rear end and the harmonic balancer to get the angles to measure with.

To bring the pinion angle down to -3, you will need to shorten the length of the upper control arms. Make sure that you do them equal on each side, or you will end up getting the rear end off centered and have tires rubbing the inner frame or exhaust.

Carl S.: 417", Yates C3s, Edelbrock 2828, Dominator, Powerglide, 4.10s, 3100 lbs raceweight. 1.27 60' [email protected] nitrous on 275/60 Mickeys in Ultra trim
2014 Ruby Red GT Auto, bone stock for now
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/carlrenee1/sigpic1-1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement