how do you hookup nitrous with trans brake and wot switch? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-26-2008, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
rob

Trader Feedback: (23)
how do you hookup nitrous with trans brake and wot switch?

buddies car has a 2 step, trans brake and nitrous on a wot switch. we don't know how to hook it all up to make it all work at the same time for montster launches. right now he foot brakes it with good results (basic h/c/i, 302, n2o 1.4 60's), but we would like to get it all working together.

we are told u can hook up the nitrous to activate as soon as the trans brake or 2 step is released.

tks.

1982 Ford Fairmont Futura H/C/I, fuel injected and turbocharged [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-26-2008, 12:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (16)
I too would like to know

Brian

95 GT - H/C/I B&G Turbo, C4......will never be finished
01 Ford Jocus ZX3 - 217,XXX miles....32mpg
97 F350 CC 4x4 460- .............9-12mpg......empty
post #3 of 9 Old 07-26-2008, 01:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
this is how we do it. have a switch on the carb for wide open ...put the activation on a timer..tie the timer into the tranny brake button...when you release the t-brake button the nitrous hit.also tie in the 2step with the tranny brake button..when you hit the t-brake button it activates the 2 step.and brake.. if its a 4ths brake.is.where you have to activate the brake to go it reverse , then a switch needs to be where you can turn the nitrous and timers off while in the drivers seat.we used a single switch..it turns off the nitrous system and kills the timer...if you wanted 0 time in the box for instant nitrous off the line then just 0 seconds the box ..best thing about this way is you can set the time when the juice hits..sometimes a track can not handle the power , or maybe the car cant take the hit..till its a few feet out of the hole...or you can have a wide open switch on the carb...and a manual switch on the sterring wheel...still have the 2step wired into the t-brake...once the brake is released hit the nitrous button....bad thin about this is ..make sure you never hit the nitrous while on the brake..i highly recommed using a timer

1962 falcon stock 1992 302 short block, RHS heads, 1.5 inch headers ..bullet cam ..victor jr.. [email protected] on 26x8.5 inch slicks with 1962 suspension(under construction getting back halved)

1979 zephyr , 393w, bone stock 1979 suspension on 26-8.5 tires [email protected]

Last edited by 5.0mustang5speed; 07-26-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-26-2008, 01:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (32)
Garage
Ground the nitrous opposite the trans brake. When I apply ground to the brake the nitrous is NOT grounded. When I remove ground from the brake the nitrous IS grounded.

'93 Cobra 10.26 @ 129.08 1.39 sixty foot
'04 Lightning 13.39 @ 101.80 1.91 sixty foot
post #5 of 9 Old 07-26-2008, 01:36 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerman93 View Post
Ground the nitrous opposite the trans brake. When I apply ground to the brake the nitrous is NOT grounded. When I remove ground from the brake the nitrous IS grounded.
i have seen it that way, but i in my opinion do not like it like that...i seen a car like that and some how the nitrous system grounded or the brake ..anyway the nitrous hit at a idel when he was staging..he sit the brake and boom...but that's just me opinion..

1962 falcon stock 1992 302 short block, RHS heads, 1.5 inch headers ..bullet cam ..victor jr.. [email protected] on 26x8.5 inch slicks with 1962 suspension(under construction getting back halved)

1979 zephyr , 393w, bone stock 1979 suspension on 26-8.5 tires [email protected]
post #6 of 9 Old 07-26-2008, 02:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
I would just run two relays.

Run a normally closed relay to the Transbrake, so when the tbrake is activated, it opens that relay, cutting power to the nitrous system. Run a Normally open relay to the switch on the carb, so when the carb makes the circuit it closes that relay. Then just run those two relays in series, so unless both situations are met, there is no Nitrous.

Then of course if you want a certain window of rpm run a window switch.

SBF 347
[email protected] N/A
[email protected] S480
youtube.com/watch?v=p7-UskslSGY
post #7 of 9 Old 07-26-2008, 02:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blown65 View Post
I would just run two relays.

Run a normally closed relay to the Transbrake, so when the tbrake is activated, it opens that relay, cutting power to the nitrous system. Run a Normally open relay to the switch on the carb, so when the carb makes the circuit it closes that relay. Then just run those two relays in series, so unless both situations are met, there is no Nitrous.

X2. Thats how mine is set up, I have a switch, so I can run it on full throttle when the trans brake is released, and on a button & full throttle.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. -
Thomas Jefferson
post #8 of 9 Old 07-26-2008, 03:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
nitroustech.com theres a wireing diagram section

try this site and if they dont have what you need just pm [email protected] he will give you what you need
post #9 of 9 Old 07-26-2008, 03:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)

Maybe this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement