Help dialing in suspension - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-25-2008, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Help dialing in suspension

I've been doing alot to the car, trying to get back into racing more this year. Alot of my time has gone into the suspension, along with beefing up some of the weaker areas lately. Car is an 87 with a stock 77k mi bottom end, out of the box tfs heads, b303 cam, Edlebrock performer rpm intake, full length headers, tremec 3550, and 410 gears among a host of other little bolt ons here and there. I have Eibach drag springs all around, with koni adjustable shock and struts on the corners. UPR double adjustable uppers, MM lowers, and an air bag on the right side. Skinny tires up front, and MT 26x10 et drags on the back. So far my best time 12.78 @ 107.69 with a 1.74 60'. I think the car should have alot more in the 60'. I'm dumping the clutch at about 5k. The car launches nice, bringing the front 4-5" off the ground, but it seems to be coming back down real fast, which gets a little bouncy! Are the koni shocks the problem? I can pull them and make some adjustment. Which way would be best, to soften them up maybe? I know the car has a good 2-3 tenths yet if not more, and the suspension is holding be back somewhere. Thanks for any input!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement