Funny thing in the NHRA rule book.. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-25-2008, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Funny thing in the NHRA rule book..

This is more of a poke at the new 1000' race thing then anything.. but it caught my eye and made me chuckle.

Page 26, #4 in BOLD PRINT

Drag racing is a dangerous sport. There is no such thing as a guaranteed safe drag race. Drag racing always carries with it the risk of serious injury or death in any number of ways. This risk will always exist no matter how much everyone connected with drag racing tries to make our sport safer. Although NHRA works to promote and enhance the safety of the sport, there are no guarantees that such safety measures will guarantee or ensure safety. The participant always has the responsibility for the participant's own safety, and by participating in drag racing, the participant accepts all risks of injury, whether due to negligence, vehicle failure, or otherwise. If at any time a participant does not accept these risks, the participant agrees not to participate in drag racing.

it's interesting since they want to change the rule for topfule because one of our own passed away.. now if we take all the responsibilty, why are they trying to change the rule to "make it safer"

F'n Joey

Pain is weakness leaving your body.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-25-2008, 08:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (23)
liability for track owners??

1993 electric red notch back. FORD STROKERS R-363.
FORD STROKERS #1 in customer service and customer satisfaction!
post #3 of 10 Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
No when you go in there should be all of the we are not liable signs and when you race you have to sign a release also. I was thinking it was just to slow the speeds down some. Why not just make the shutdown areas bigger??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I feel like there are other things they should change. Reduce the nitro, make the tires harder/smaller, give em 400 cubes, whatever.

The change to 1000' is retarded. So what, now they are going to have to keep record keeping at both 1320' and 1000'?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. -
Thomas Jefferson
post #5 of 10 Old 07-26-2008, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

but if we bare all the responsibility, why try to change the rules? we sign our waivers etc at teh track basically releasing the track from reliability...

F'n Joey

post #6 of 10 Old 07-26-2008, 01:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
we have discussed this a millions times already on other forums..at out local hang out..at the track....it ends up something like this...can you really tell the difference in 300 ft from the [email protected] 300+ mph..mmm..no..hell the top fuel cars are still running 330 mph in the 1000foot..nothing has really changed..other than they now have an extra 320 ft of extra braking distance..

1962 falcon stock 1992 302 short block, RHS heads, 1.5 inch headers ..bullet cam ..victor jr.. [email protected] on 26x8.5 inch slicks with 1962 suspension(under construction getting back halved)

1979 zephyr , 393w, bone stock 1979 suspension on 26-8.5 tires [email protected]
post #7 of 10 Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

you're missing the point of this.. if it is our responsibility, why change any on the rules? NHRA is going against what they print in THEIR rule book.

F'n Joey

post #8 of 10 Old 07-27-2008, 11:50 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0mustang5speed View Post
we have discussed this a millions times already on other forums..at out local hang out..at the track....it ends up something like this...can you really tell the difference in 300 ft from the [email protected] 300+ mph..mmm..no..hell the top fuel cars are still running 330 mph in the 1000foot..nothing has really changed..other than they now have an extra 320 ft of extra braking distance..

There is a huge difference. At those speeds it just takes a little hicup to loose the race. I have seen meny different races won and lost in the last 320. That is what makes the 1/4 mile special.

If there was no difference crews wouldn't be talking about the parts issues beyond 1000'
post #9 of 10 Old 07-27-2008, 11:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I'd like a different change, the 1320 is tradition. I'd be like the nfl changing the field to 80 yards long. I agree they could change the fuel formula to slow them down a little. Maybe require a little more frontal area for resistance to slow them down.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-02-2008, 12:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0mustang5speed View Post
313 last weekend.... about 330 in the 1320

1991 coupe
stock bottom end, c4, nitrous,
1.43 [email protected] [email protected] revlimiter at 8.4
X275 BBFN2O 1>2 [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement