Got my first class win - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-17-2008, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Got my first class win

Last night I raced at National Trail Raceway and got my first class win. I made it through 5 rounds to get to the finals to race against the guy that was 3rd in points last year in the street class.

He drives a 1974 malibu that runs 11.70's. I run 13.90's and have been vicious on the the tree lately. Against him I dialed 13.92 and ran 13.97 with a .022 R/T and 1.913 - 60'.

Won the race by .0044 seconds.

Currently I am in 9th place in the points, up from 18th.

Only thing that sucks about last night is that I went out first round in the other class.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-17-2008, 12:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Congrats!! I know the feeling, it's awesome. Was this at the wed night races (street car night)? I haven't been to the wed night events, but have heard about them. I'm thinking about trying it maybe next week. I'll be up there labor day weekend for the NMRA event. last year I finished 2nd on saturday in the B3 street class.

On wed nights, do they allow the vehicles to be towed in or do they require them to be driven to the track? What classes do they run on Wed. and do they allow transbrakes and 2-steps? Can't seem to find the info on their website.

91 notch, 408W, 10.5 comp, Jay Allen cam, Crane linkbars, Scorpion rockers, vic jr intake/heads, Canton pan, Mac longtubes, C4, UPR adj. uppers/lowers, Strange struts/shocks, subframe connectors, wild rides 6pt, Team Z k-member/anti-roll bar, MSD ignition.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-17-2008, 02:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Nice work!

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattstang65 View Post
Congrats!! I know the feeling, it's awesome. Was this at the wed night races (street car night)? I haven't been to the wed night events, but have heard about them. I'm thinking about trying it maybe next week. I'll be up there labor day weekend for the NMRA event. last year I finished 2nd on saturday in the B3 street class.

On wed nights, do they allow the vehicles to be towed in or do they require them to be driven to the track? What classes do they run on Wed. and do they allow transbrakes and 2-steps? Can't seem to find the info on their website.

On weds nights they have multiple classes. You race for trophies and points if you are in the points series. Classes are Street (closed exhaust, no electronics), Big Dawg (13.99 and faster, delay boxes and electronics permitted), Sport compact/Import (FWD), Truck/SUV, Bikes, and High school. I have been running in both classes this year. I should be at NMRA this year too. Look for me. 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral gray (TRBE FVR)..

This Saturday at trails is night of thunder, You should check it out.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-18-2008, 08:33 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Garage
Congrats on the win. You oughtta try index racing. My last 3 events I have had races where the finish margin was .003 to .008! Talk about close at the stripe.
Index racing is all about the tree, because everyone can typically run the index or a tenth or two faster. .400 pro tree. It becomes more about setting up the car to react quicker. Little front tires, pro t-brakes, etc...

Carl S.: 417", Yates C3s, Edelbrock 2828, Dominator, Powerglide, 4.10s, 3100 lbs raceweight. 1.27 60' [email protected] nitrous on 275/60 Mickeys in Ultra trim
2014 Ruby Red GT Auto, bone stock for now
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/carlrenee1/sigpic1-1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement