Race 03 Cobra K.B. on alcohol - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-15-2008, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Race 03 Cobra K.B. on alcohol

03 Cobra 2.8 K.B. on alcohol. 29 # boost. Best of best parts, but lifted head gaskets twice. I'm being told that I should be running TR9 plugs not TR6 plugs are too hot for alcohol. Car made 780hp @ the wheel. Can't even get full pass on car. Car's best 60' is great 1.17. Best 1/8 was like 6.10 if I remember. Car just looses all hp 3/4 track. Best 1/4 was 8.71 @ 131mph and that was my same mph in 1/8. Just looses all hp.

Does anyone have any input or know of anyone running alcohol on a supercharged mod motor? Motor built by Lamotta Performance and Tuned by Cal @ Heartline Performance(Car has FAST XFI).

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Armageddon Racing
Barry Burich
[email protected]
352-279-6795

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-15-2008, 02:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon1 View Post
03 Cobra 2.8 K.B. on alcohol. 29 # boost. Best of best parts, but lifted head gaskets twice. I'm being told that I should be running TR9 plugs not TR6 plugs are too hot for alcohol. Car made 780hp @ the wheel. Can't even get full pass on car. Car's best 60' is great 1.17. Best 1/8 was like 6.10 if I remember. Car just looses all hp 3/4 track. Best 1/4 was 8.71 @ 131mph and that was my same mph in 1/8. Just looses all hp.

Does anyone have any input or know of anyone running alcohol on a supercharged mod motor? Motor built by Lamotta Performance and Tuned by Cal @ Heartline Performance(Car has FAST XFI).

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Armageddon Racing
Barry Burich
[email protected]
352-279-6795

Don't know anyone doing it with a supercharged mod motor with alcohol but i know the pro mods with supercharged alcohol have a high speed lean out that obviously leans it out on the big end. Can you look at your data from your runs? If you had a computer with egt's you could see if it needs to be leaned out on the big end, don't know how it would be done though.

post #3 of 9 Old 07-15-2008, 04:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I don't know anything about alchy but is it getting enough fuel in high gear?
I helped a guy with his suspension on his 14-71 blown BBC and he was describing the amount of alchy that his car needed. He said that he would run the car soooo rich that raw alchy would come out of the headers while staging and then he would lean it out after the launch and then the more alchy he threw at it in high gear the faster it went.
He told me that alchy will burn if you just look at it funny and he had some promod guys tell him to keep adding alchy b/c it will burn no matter what..

What about the timing curve in high gear?

Either way I'm sure Cal will get it running right!

ks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin Slaby
2002 GT 2V 902hp/820tq through the muffs.
http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-16-2008, 11:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (39)
Can you post up that 8 sec pass ? Love to see it!

TOO_NUTS Racing
N/A- Pump Gas- 408 Clevor - [email protected]
Best 60ft on stock type suspension 1.28
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UPR UCA/ Megabyte lowers/ stock anti roll bar. No battle boxes!
post #5 of 9 Old 07-16-2008, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

data log post for armageddon racing power loss

I have the data logs thru the fast xfi. Each run pretty much looks identical when the motor looses power. I have many values being data logged in these passes, but still we are chasing our tails figuring out the problem. The concern is it seems like every pass is doing the identical same thing every time and then some point it is lifting the head gaskets. I now have cometic gaskets and arp 2000 head bolts which I being told is the best. I will try to figure out how to post my datalogs if I can, but I have had a hard time inserting any pics or any attachments. Please advise if someone would know how to insert a datalog from fast on here for you guys to look at.

thanks for the help,

Armageddon Racing,
Barry Burich
post #6 of 9 Old 07-17-2008, 12:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
I have the data logs thru the fast xfi. Each run pretty much looks identical when the motor looses power. I have many values being data logged in these passes, but still we are chasing our tails figuring out the problem. The concern is it seems like every pass is doing the identical same thing every time and then some point it is lifting the head gaskets. I now have cometic gaskets and arp 2000 head bolts which I being told is the best. I will try to figure out how to post my datalogs if I can, but I have had a hard time inserting any pics or any attachments. Please advise if someone would know how to insert a datalog from fast on here for you guys to look at.

thanks for the help,

Armageddon Racing,
Barry Burich
Go to http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/index.php and ask your question in the supercharged section. Quite a few guys over there running alcohol

[email protected] @3280lbs Feature MM&FF Nov 10

The dump truck making a pass http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/98grdpoundr/?action=view&current=chad936144.mp4
post #7 of 9 Old 07-27-2008, 11:25 AM

What does your combo consist of, upper and lower pulley size and all?? Modularfords.com is a good site to get good info, they have a section devoted to the 03 combos, U R the first I have heard to run alcohol, looks like its making big power. I would like to know more about your combo.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-27-2008, 01:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin03Cobra View Post
What does your combo consist of, upper and lower pulley size and all?? Modularfords.com is a good site to get good info, they have a section devoted to the 03 combos, U R the first I have heard to run alcohol, looks like its making big power. I would like to know more about your combo.
yeah Buster over there is running e98 and 33+ lbs of boost i beleave he is using oringed heads and titan gaskets tq at 110 flbs i think, he has some good info on his threads
post #9 of 9 Old 07-31-2008, 05:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Quote:

thanks for the help,

Armageddon Racing,
Barry Burich
I'm not sure how far beyond 28-29 PSI the Cometics are capable, or how long they will live. I went with the SCE Titan ICS head gaskets for my hi-boost Procharger setup after reading lots of good info on them, and Buster has had good luck with them as well.

Thats things gotta be a bit torquey What trans is in the car?

1990 Mustang - Megatron
28"/29"/no-prep
-Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement