Anyone use a "pro" brake? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Anyone use a "pro" brake?

I'm looking into buying a transbrake valvebody from redneck racing for my C4. They list it as a pro brake saying to use reverse you must shift to reverse and then hold down the t-brake button to go backwards. Anyone have any experience with these, and how much of a PITA is it to have to hold the button in while going backwards? On another note, at the end of a run with a reverse manual VB, is it okay to bump back down through the gears to nuetral coasting down from 100+ mph? I don't want to screw up my C4 or VB doing this.

91 notch, 408W, 10.5 comp, Jay Allen cam, Crane linkbars, Scorpion rockers, vic jr intake/heads, Canton pan, Mac longtubes, C4, UPR adj. uppers/lowers, Strange struts/shocks, subframe connectors, wild rides 6pt, Team Z k-member/anti-roll bar, MSD ignition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 AM

Trader Feedback: (12)
I have no experience with them a friend of mine has had really good luck with his he has a toggle for reverse so he doesn't have to hold the tb button. My dynamic mighty mite and my pa super comp are not that way so I have no clue on the bump into n

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-08-2008, 09:25 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Garage
I have the transking valve body that is setup the same way. Its no big deal as long as you have the button where you can hold it easily while trying to steer the car. I have my button attached to the shifter handle as opposed to others who have it on the steering wheel. I would imagine it might be a pain if you are trying to back up and have to turn at the same time.

As far as coasting and going to neutral from the top end, you shouldn't have any problems doing that as long as you have a shifter that will let you quickly get to neutral. I have the hurst quarter stick and you can easily slam it forward from 3rd to neutral and it has a lockout that prevents it from going beyond neutral.

Carl S.: 417", Yates C3s, Edelbrock 2828, Dominator, Powerglide, 4.10s, 3100 lbs raceweight. 1.27 60' [email protected] nitrous on 275/60 Mickeys in Ultra trim
2014 Ruby Red GT Auto, bone stock for now
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/carlrenee1/sigpic1-1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-08-2008, 12:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (28)
Have to hold my trans. brake button down to go in rev. in my car also, Its not a big deal, never had a problem.

I don't down shift my car when slowing down after a 1/4mi pass until I reach the return road.

91GT
8.90 @ 150 mph NA
1.22 60ft
post #5 of 11 Old 07-08-2008, 12:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I got the pro brake from Redneck.Go for it, I have had no issues in 4 years with it.I think the redneck is a TransKing valvebody

Last edited by kazcoupe; 07-08-2008 at 12:17 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 PM

I dont have much knowledge of redneck's but I have lentech's valvebody and I like it alot and dont have to hold no button to reverse
post #7 of 11 Old 07-08-2008, 12:45 PM

My trans. builder ALWAYS suggests to bump the button while in reverse as the longer you are on the button the longer that solenoid builds up heat. I would call redneck and see what they say. As far as downshifting through the gears to get to neutral at the end of a run I would never suggest that. Why do you want to get to neutral so fast?
post #8 of 11 Old 07-08-2008, 02:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Could you tap into the power of the reverse lights to tell the solenoid to engage? That way it engages whenever you go into reverse automatically. Wouldn't want to sit around like that though.

306, C4, AFR185s, B31, Vic Jr, Holley HP750, N2O fogger, 4.10s in a BUILT 8.8.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-09-2008, 01:13 AM

Trader Feedback: (12)
How is everyone hooking up their reverse lights with a c4??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-09-2008, 09:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (17)
I don't use my back up lights as my car is a track only car but you could use this:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hurst/530/248-0003/10002/-1

If you run another shifter they might have something that would work as well.

X275 build in progress follow on Mustang Junkies.net

http://www.mustangjunkies.net/f9/project-dirty-red-444
post #11 of 11 Old 07-09-2008, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
I just made a 4-wire pigtail that hooks to the nuetral safety switch and back up light switch on my Hurst Promatic shifter and the pigtail plugs right into the existing harness that my AOD plugged into. It's easy once you figure out which wire is which in the harness.

91 notch, 408W, 10.5 comp, Jay Allen cam, Crane linkbars, Scorpion rockers, vic jr intake/heads, Canton pan, Mac longtubes, C4, UPR adj. uppers/lowers, Strange struts/shocks, subframe connectors, wild rides 6pt, Team Z k-member/anti-roll bar, MSD ignition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement