Has this happen to you? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-07-2008, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Has this happen to you?

I had ordered some new slicks at work (Gotta love working at a part store ) last tuesday they would arrived on thursday my day off. I dont live in the town that I work and the car was at the track in another town.
We have a local theisen in town its kinda like a farm store but also sell tires and does oil changes. They have been buying old warmarts when they go to super centers.
I stopped by that night to make sure that they had tubes and could mount the slicks on my rims. I was told yes no problem. So I made sure that the guy I was talking to would be there on the 4th. He would be.
I had thursday off and went and got my rims. Friday i went and dropped everything off. As I was getting ready to back out I got stopped. The Asst. manager said that due to liabilty issues they could not mount my slicks.
I got pissed, its the 4th of July there is NOTHING else that does tires that is open. The head manager was on vac. Headquarter was closed I tried calling.
I told the manager that I was screwed and that I couldnt get my tires mounted anyway that day or the next day as I had to work.
Supposely this had just changed a couple of weeks ago. I dont understand there idea on this I even offered to write a wavier for them.
It wouldnt have bother me if I had been told up front that they couldnt that way I couldve done them on thursday but I was trying to save gas and time as it in the wrong direction for me. Even if it had been any day but the 4th it wouldve been kinda ok because i couldve gone somewere else.
I guess should I be upset? I know im venting but im feeling better somewhat at least with the old slicks i got told im finally lifting one front tire but I so wanted the new slicks running a 8.01 in the 1/8 I really wanted a 7 sec pass.

83 351w block .30 over
MSD 6AL, MSD Distributer #8584, Edelbrock PERFORMER RPM 2.02" INTAKE VALVES #60259, Comp cam #35-246-3 519 lift intake, 523 lift exhaust, 28in M/T slicks, Holly 750DP, Subframe connectors, Calvert complete rear pieces, 4.33 9in, hooker header, c4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
never happened to me, I used to be a mechanic for good year so I would just mount whatever to whatever..

F'n Joey

Pain is weakness leaving your body.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-07-2008, 11:04 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I have always mounted them my self with tools I have at home. They usually just flop on the rims if I just stand on the beads. Getting them off on the other hand took a machine.

KS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin Slaby
2002 GT 2V 902hp/820tq through the muffs.
http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-08-2008, 10:00 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
What town are you out of 1971mustang?
-Thomas
post #5 of 10 Old 07-08-2008, 06:49 PM

Not exactly the same but when I took my drag radials and wheels to Wal-Mart to get mounted the girl at the service desk started asking me questions like what car were they going on, and were they the correct size for that car and were they the proper load rating for that car, weird stuff like that.

When I told her they were for track use, I thought she was going to say that they wouldn't mount them, but then the guy who actually mounts tires came over and told her it was OK.

I thought the whole thing was strange. What's the world coming to when you need to answer a hundred questions just to get tires mounted?

This was on a Friday evening before a Saturday test and tune and if they wouldn't have done them I'd have been screwed since nothing else was open.

OFR - old fart racing

We're not fast racers. In fact folks call us half fast racers. At least I think that's what they're saying.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

I work in Pella and race at Eddyville.

I talked to someone at the Corp headquarters. Was told that there policy has always been never to mount any carry in tires. Which when i was calling trying to get the corp. number I talked to manager at a different store was told that this was a new policy so dont know what was going on. But I was offered a $20.00 gift card so guess i can use that for something.
I guess I wish that they had signs posted if its been there policy all the time that they cant mount carry in tires would be so simple and prevent this from happening.
I got BFG drag radial on the rims right now and with only 20 passes at the most so almost brand new Kinda hard to get off without a machine but i couldnt hook at all one pass i would have a 1.69 short time very next pass nothing changed and i would have a 1.80 got tired of that so finely was able to get some mickey in, which is what I had wanted in the 1st place but they were backed ordered.

83 351w block .30 over
MSD 6AL, MSD Distributer #8584, Edelbrock PERFORMER RPM 2.02" INTAKE VALVES #60259, Comp cam #35-246-3 519 lift intake, 523 lift exhaust, 28in M/T slicks, Holly 750DP, Subframe connectors, Calvert complete rear pieces, 4.33 9in, hooker header, c4
post #7 of 10 Old 07-08-2008, 09:52 PM

I havent had a place tell me that they wouldnt mount carry ins, but I have bought skinnies (165R15) from Pep Boys and they wouldnt mount them. Actually, I tried it a couple of times and got different excuses. The first time it was our machine wont work on your wheels, they are too skinny. The second time, it was we know what you are using them for and cant mount them because we would be liable. Liable for what I dont know, but okay. Since then, buy them and carry them out to have them mounted elsewhere. I know it wouldnt work on drag radials, but we have swapped slicks out at the track before. All it took was a truck bumper and jack.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (113)
Walmart has given me problems in the past. They wouldnt mount my 165's or my slicks. And the rims were off the car. They are just homo like that
post #9 of 10 Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 PM

Ah, I was going to say, if you live around Ames I know literally everyone in every shop in Ames and I could get you tires mounted anywhere, except theisens and wal-mart of course. They're usually idiots anyway.
-Thomas
post #10 of 10 Old 07-09-2008, 01:13 AM

Trader Feedback: (42)
AWWW.......Thats why i love FL, anything goes!! LOL

SLOW5.OH

Sex with the wife is a hobby. . . . . . . . . car building, is a love!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement