Drag slicks reducing ET's - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-23-2008, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Drag slicks reducing ET's

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering. Do you have a rough estimate of how many tenths you can shave off using slicks? I ran my car on MT drag slicks and went 13.52 on a hot day. I probably should have gone 13.3X on a cooler day. It was my first time on slicks too, so I don't think it was too bad. My 60' was a 1.87.

I'm asking because I wanna take some practice runs on my street tires. How much slower can I expect to go? And, what should my 60' be on street rubber?

2003 GT (5 speed) - TFS heads & cams, full exhaust, 3.73 gears, CAI, t-body, plenum, dyno tune... just to name a few
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-23-2008, 09:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackGT View Post
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering. Do you have a rough estimate of how many tenths you can shave off using slicks? I ran my car on MT drag slicks and went 13.52 on a hot day. I probably should have gone 13.3X on a cooler day. It was my first time on slicks too, so I don't think it was too bad. My 60' was a 1.87.

I'm asking because I wanna take some practice runs on my street tires. How much slower can I expect to go? And, what should my 60' be on street rubber?
Theres really no way of telling that. It could go a few tenths slower or a few seconds slower depending on how you drive it and how much power your making. For example, my aod car only loses a tenth but that same st tire on john forces top fueler and he'd probably lose a tremendous amount of time if he could even get it down the track on it.

I know its apples to oranges but it depends on the power your making and how well you know your car to make it hook up.

post #3 of 3 Old 06-24-2008, 05:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
It is impossible to say from one car to another, but as one example my et's dropped almost a full second and the 60's dropped a little over two tenths going from street tires to drag radials.

I'm running a Windsor stroker though, so it was frying the crap out of the street tires.

OFR - old fart racing

We're not fast racers. In fact folks call us half fast racers. At least I think that's what they're saying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement