Racing ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-22-2008, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (18)
Racing ?

How many of your tracks let cars run with no front panels (just the motor sitting there running) installed? It's not me because I say it's a safety violation and I had a discussion with the officials. I also don't have the 2008 NHRA rulebook. I have found in the general section (think it's the NHRA book) where it states online that full body cars need four fenders.

Anyone help to guide me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

89GT-347, Vortech S-trim (7 psi), Trickflow (intake, heads, pistons), Meth/water injection, T-56, FAST dual wideband, BBK LT's, FMS 3.73, SCT chip, CHE axle brace, TA performance Girdle, and M/T DR's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-24-2008, 09:18 AM

Trader Feedback: (12)
sounds kinda redneck...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 AM

Trader Feedback: (17)
I would think you need to run the front fenders...

X275 build in progress follow on Mustang Junkies.net

http://www.mustangjunkies.net/f9/project-dirty-red-444
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-24-2008, 04:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Put the fenders on. The tech inspector wont even let your car off the trailor!! if there even is a tech inspector at your local track?
post #5 of 8 Old 06-24-2008, 05:45 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
The tech is fairly lax at our track, but I'm sure they wouldn't let you run a street car without fenders!

OFR - old fart racing

We're not fast racers. In fact folks call us half fast racers. At least I think that's what they're saying.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-24-2008, 06:03 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Why on Gods green earth would you take a pile like that to the track? Run all the body panels for your safety and everyone elses. It takes all of 30 minutes to put a set of fenders and a bumper on.

New times coming soon.....
post #7 of 8 Old 06-25-2008, 12:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I may be wrong but it sounds like the OP has a problem with somebody doing this and the track letting them. Provided the undressed car doesn't have a stock balancer on it, there really is no safety issue to speak of by having no front body. Obviously NHRA doesn't think it's a safety issue either since there are several classes that allow exposed engines. If NHRA has a rule that says any full body car must all body panels in place, it's to keep ragged looking junk off the track but not necessarily because it's a safety issue with the equipment. Sounds like to me the OP needs to mind his own business.

88 coupe, 351 cleveland, unported 4V heads, buddy rawls custom solid roller, diamond domes, 6'' h-beam rods, stock 4bolt block/crank, holley strip dominator, 950HP holley, hoosier 28x10, 90/10s, UPR pro rear kit
nonstroked, stock iron heads and NO NITROUS!!!!!!!!
[email protected] / [email protected] (1/8th)
post #8 of 8 Old 06-26-2008, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Cleveland View Post
I may be wrong but it sounds like the OP has a problem with somebody doing this and the track letting them. Provided the undressed car doesn't have a stock balancer on it, there really is no safety issue to speak of by having no front body. Obviously NHRA doesn't think it's a safety issue either since there are several classes that allow exposed engines. If NHRA has a rule that says any full body car must all body panels in place, it's to keep ragged looking junk off the track but not necessarily because it's a safety issue with the equipment. Sounds like to me the OP needs to mind his own business.
Sounds like to me that you should make your statement without that comment at the end. It's not like I was arguing with the track, I was just trying to point something out when they started coming up with rules to keep some of our cars from running. Our track here comes up with rules after you've already paid and ready to run sometimes.

And as for the different classes, do you think this applies to Friday night street races? And I'm not talking about Top fuel or any other class. I'm talking street cars and trucks. I appreciate your input but if you have no clue in the situation that I was in then keep your comments to yourself. So it sounds like to me that YOU need to mind your own business.

89GT-347, Vortech S-trim (7 psi), Trickflow (intake, heads, pistons), Meth/water injection, T-56, FAST dual wideband, BBK LT's, FMS 3.73, SCT chip, CHE axle brace, TA performance Girdle, and M/T DR's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement