Ford Mustang Forums banner

Rattle Can Equivalent For 1992 EP To Do Engine Bay

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BATTMAN 
#1 ·
I have a '92 notchback with paint code EP. Just had the front-end tubed forward of the strut towers and would like to make what's left look a little cleaner. Since this paint will not be going on exterior body panels, I'm not concerned about a perfect match or clear-coating, etc. It's more of a race car driven on the street. Does anyone know of a rattle can color that comes close?

#3 ·
Get the red height temp engine paint from o’reilys. (It might even be called ford red..)It matches super well, and holds up good to heat. You can use high temp clear on top too. I did the same. Same color.

#4 ·
Most auto body paint jobbers can mix the correct code and put it in a rattle can for you. If you have an auto body supply store that sells automotive paint near by.

#5 ·
Oh damn! tjm73, I apologize. Thought I had replied to your suggestion.

I did look into having it mixed for a rattle can but the cost was prohibitive considering what I was using it for. I just bought an off-the-shelf rattle can, Sunrise Red IIRC. Doesn't match the exterior but the key was that the engine bay look neat and uniformed and it does, to my satisfaction.

#6 ·
Understand, it does run more than an off the shelf can. I get body shop pricing so that helps. Good luck on your project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.