Ford Mustang Forums banner

Where to find a 90s "period correct" looking head unit with bluetooth

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sour 
#1 ·
I am looking for a head unit for my fox mustang that looks period correct but has modern features like bluetooth calling and streaming. Does anybody make such a thing.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thought I would update this for future sake.

I bought an Alpine TDM-7544 off ebay for $50, because it has cd shuttle control. i then contacted the guys at discountcarstereo.com and they made me a bluetooth module that plugs into the cd changer plug on the back. This thing is great, beautiful cd quality audio and it auto connects as soon as the radio gets power. I used the radio delete panel from LMR, cut out the center of the closed portion and the single din carriage slides right in.

#6 ·
Late to help OP here but for other people who might look through this thread, two good options for 90s "period" head units with modern connectivity:

First is Continental - yes, the tire company. I'm not going to link a specific model number but if you search for Continental Head Unit you'll find them.

Audio equipment Font Public address system Electronic device Rectangle

Second is Jensen Heavy Duty . They make radios for buses and tractors and stuff but a lot of them have that 80s/90s OEM look. Since they're built for stuff like tractors and municipal trucks and buses they sometimes have weird features like a PA microphone, and non-volatile memory (so they won't drain a battery if left connected all winter, and don't forget presets when disconnected from power like a tractor stored over winter..)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.