Ford Mustang Forums banner

I CAME TO The DARK SIDE

6K views 54 replies 16 participants last post by  privatejoker 
#1 ·
i already sold or is currently for sale all my 429-460 and sbf parts, i ordered a brand new seat of L92 heads with rockers , delivered to me came to $630.00, they should be here by next Wednesday, i hope i am making the right choice here, I am following the build of the famous car here ..lol..hoping to run at least 10.50's, i am going to mill the chevy word off the valve covers and put 302 powered on them or powered by ford...

#2 ·
1st: why would you put 302 powered on there? Anyone who's seen a 5.0 before will know it's not one

2nd: there is no "chevy" on the valve covers, the covers only have holes for the coil brackets/coils

3rd: why hide the chevy power? You're upgrading to something that's more effective and cheaper, flaunt it. :salute:

#4 ·
1) not really, i posted a picture of one with the front mount dizzy conversion that uses a sbf dizzy , it was funny several people here and on other form though it was a ford motor

2)on the front mount dizzy conversion i saw it had valve covers with chevy on it,

3)not really hiding it, i just like to mess with people

#3 ·
I just sold my race car. Now building a street car. Pretty much starting over again from nothing. I have a running sn95 with a v6 that will be getting a mild 351 and a Tremec. Should be good for low 11s when all is said and done. The only problem is going to be adapting the a/c, ps, and alternator brackets from the v6 over to the 351. Not sure how I'm going to go about that yet. My biggest gain is I'm finally rid of the '79-93 fox body with it's horrible brakes and 4 lugs. The sn95 is SO much better, even handling, and ride is better than the old '79-93 clunkers. You don't know what your missing till you make the swap. The only thing is I just wish I could afford a decent f-body camaro to swap my motor into.

That would be the ultimate street car.

#5 ·
ya right , you are the biggest Cleveland fan in America

#8 ·
Dude, the first post you made was usless. It could have just as well been Lounge material. I mean, what's the point of advertising your going to put an LS motor in your car? It would have been different if you had advertised the fact, then followed up with some tech requests or suggestions. There was no tech info or request implied in the first post. So, I took it as another BS session which is what half the stuff on here is anyway.

#9 ·
ok, fine i will take the bait, you are just pissed that another ford person is bailing ship , cause a lsx motor is a mean mo fo in near stock form for cheap, 630.00 for a set of brand new heads with rockers to my door. they will support 600+ hp in bone stock trim, and another 500.00 for a running 6.0 motor...i talked #### about the lsx motor at first but like most people that do that , i was mis informed and actually knew knowing , till i see it first hand and stood there as my friend built his motor and i knew 100% what was in that motor, and by dam it will flat fly with stock parts, and it idles sweet and not rattle your brains out

#13 ·
I knew that sooner or later more folks will accept this fact. I was a hardcore Ford fan but when you compare what an LSx is capable of for such little money...it is like trying to swim against the flow. Finally I'm going to be working on it late next month and I can't wait.

Back to the OP...my combo will end up like Dave Mizzell except a little more aggresive on the engine and at the same time streetable. I'm waiting for UCC to send me the hybrid converter. I know you want to get it going as cheap as possible but don't cheap out too much in the cam! A custom cam will do wonders with the L92 heads!

Good luck and keep us posted!

#22 ·
If you're going to say something as dumb as putting Ford on valve covers that said Chevrolet, expect to get bashed for it. Obviously, judging by your admitting of not knowing ####, you haven't looked into BBF's either. Maybe you should look outside your friend's LSx that was right in front of you, instead of getting a woody when you see a nice shiny motor and say "YEAH I want THAT kind, the shiny one!"

#28 ·
I have to laugh a little when I hear this. "F bodies have rattletrap interiors" compared to what? A new BMW, or even a new F150? Yeah sure, but compared to a 87-93 fox car? Those cars are all prety long in the tooth and are about the same. For every stooge I see driving an F-body rattletrap that looks/sounds like ####, I see atleast as many idiots driving a POS mustang that's just as bad if not worse.

#29 ·
i have never liked the camaros, any year..even the beloved 67-69 cars , only one that i may even glance at is the 70-1/2 split bumpers

#42 ·
Please don't ever go on a Camaro site and say that, no such thing as a 70 1/2 Camaro, they did come out late in the 1970 year, but they were still a 1970 Camaro. The "split bumper" as you call it, was the RS package, and it could be ordered from 1970 to 1973. on any Camaro. The front end parts are identical for all 4 years (the exception is the 73 that had Gov. mandated reinforcements in the front).

#33 ·
Hey 5.0Mustang5speed,

I too have taken the journey to the Dark side. The LSX is a hell of a motor, the fox platform is universal to do whatever you want. Its your car, do what you want. Then race the ##### talkers and take their money. Oh, where did you get the new heads for that price?
Thanks!
Future LSX Fox owner
Tim

#34 ·
over at http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/index.php from a guy , his screen name is see5 , super nice guy, great feed back too, he always has a few sets for sale, mine where 630.00 assembled with rockers to my door

#35 ·
Blah Blah Blah, and bunch of pissing and moaning... If you want to do something, do it, don't bash other people's stuff because it comes back to bite you. I'm a fan of going fast, whether it's a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, or Honda... Either way, if you want to put your hard work, time and energy into something, who is anyone else to bash you for it....? I love windsor motors, and I love LS_ motors, I like just about anything that burns gasoline, I would rather see pictures of the car and parts as opposed to people going back and forth saying "this is dumb", "no your dumb", "no, your dumb", "nuh-uh, your dumb".... Your both dumb for coming on here one for saying that it's better to have a Ford in a Ford, and other one was bashing a Chevy in a Ford, now he is building one... Keep your mouths shut, and your heads down, and you won't run into these problems. Either way, cool build, in for pictures, it's hard to beat the LS_ power plant, however the new 5.0 DOHC motor is going to give it a run for it's money, that's for sure.

#36 ·
guess i will start getting permission for these people before i decide on what motor i can build and what post i can make on what subject...

#40 · (Edited)
a 289 hi-po would not run with a equally modded 327...if you check the records you would see grumpy jenkins dominated with a L79(327)chevy ll(and that was the k code cars heyday)..even the big block cars didnt want none of that 327...5.0 cars and L98 f-bodys ran close only because of the weight differnece not because the 5.0 made more power it was simply lighter,the vet was in the same weight pound class as the 5.0's and the vet was faster...and my 87 grand national would clean all their clocks....ford small blocks really did'nt come into their own until the mid 80's when the roller 5.0 h.o. mustangs hit the street and the aftermarket world took notice....no offense to anyone because i like small block fords...

#41 ·
lol..... I thought I accidently logged into LS1.COM..... there was always a grave difference between the mustang "brotherhood" on Corral and alot of the "hostile" feel I got while visiting LS1.COM.... Don't let a (very cabable by the way) chevy motor divide us mustang enthusiasts! stangs are a way of life for us guys or we wouldn't be chatting it up in this forum! I too have "toyed" with the idea of a LS3 in my car instead of my top shelf FOMOCO combo. And BTW the baddest stang I ever heard was at my local cruise in and it had a high compression big solid roller Dart BBC in it. But it was still bolted into the baddest looking purple fox that I ever saw. Enjoy being stangbangers guys.....It's why we're looking at this post right now. Later...................

#49 ·
I am sure he means me, it is all good, not going to argue over it. I would suggest you go over to nastyz28.com and take a look all the info you want to know about a 2 gen F body is on that site. As far as a state title, they will put anything you want on them, look under the gas tank or rear seat and get the build sheet, or run the vin on the site listed.

#51 ·
thank you for being a adult about this(we all should take note from you)...but gm had a late run for the second gen camaro's hence the 70 1/2 not 70...the 70 1/2 has a few differences than the 71-73...to name a few...short back bucket seats,short rear spoilers...and rallysport was a option on camaros on and off from 67 thru 2002(dont know if its still offered on the new ones)but the 70-73 had split bumpers and a urethane nose piece,different grill header panel and park lights...but like i said gm did not make a 70 camaro...if i remember correctly we have 4 or 5 70-73 camaros and 2 of those are 70 1/2 z's,one standard 70 1/2,one 71 ss big block car and i think there is another floating around somewhere...lol

#54 ·
i came back, there is no turning back now, but its not a lsx motor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.