Ford Mustang Forums banner

Why the hell did I turbo my car?

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  goatnipples2002 
#1 · (Edited)
Dude my car is a beast. At 1st I was afraid to go past 5k rpm. I just got tuned for e85 today...My 60s are maxed and even with 3.90s it seems as though my car has stock gears by how long the gears are. Damn.....this is my 1st turbo car. Thanks for the help guys.

#7 ·
if you think them gears are long I run 331 with a 28in tall tire the mph is crazy when you start reaching the top of the tach.. I LOVE IT enjoy your ride..

#11 ·
After running at the local 1/8th I NEED a longer 1st. 2.2 60', 8.6, 90mph. When I can afford it I will get the gears swapped out. I was running open exhaust and the car was LOUD, but it screamed and ran hard. Then later this afternoon I got a muffler from my buddy for free. It was a thrush welded (flowmaster knock off) and I debated for an hour to use it or not. I said what the hell and got it put on.....BAD IDEA. I can feel the spool time increase and the power is as wild any more. Needless to say it is coming off, I just don't want it loud anymore though. Being broke sucks.

#16 ·
Yeah I want to switch back to 2.73s as well. I cut the chokemaster off and put a glasspack on and all is well now. It really tamed down the dump truck sound and it spools like it should.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.